Transom Guard Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Transom Guard « Previous Next »
By eb (coboarder) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where do you buy the "transom guard"? The premade plastic one that screws into your swimdeck. The probability of me making my own is becoming very unlikely.

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
buy an air palmetto. they come with them standard. whre are you located? the local air palmetto dealer is not even a dealer because that would be copying...

By DC (dcervenka) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One Stop Ski Shop
729 Yampa Street
Steamboat Springs, CO 80488
970-879-4916

http://www.noflexinc.com/colorado.htm

Or order it from directly from No Flex
http://www.noflexinc.com/store.html

(Message edited by dcervenka on December 16, 2002)

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a pic of my swimstep and transom guard. What a great investment!

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Somebody on wakeworld told me to get high density something-or-rather plastic as it will not absorb any water. Cost was under 10.00 and works awesome.

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did something similar to Ty, just get a 1"x1" strip of oak at Home Depot. It's very easy to screw it in from the bottom, again, cost is less than $10. When it becomes unsightly, replace it. Took me about 10 minutes to attach to my swim deck.

mb

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 6:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's one well oiled swim deck. What do you use on it?

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 7:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a couple in stock at the store, not sure what sizes I have left though. I will check first thing in the morning when i go in. either post back or shoot me an email.

Bill

By Chris Foye (wakejunky) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 7:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a couple customers using Gator Grip as a transom guard.

Chris
get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com/gatorgrip

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 8:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
eb,
Here is the link to the review I did for the "Transom Guard" a while back.
http://www.wakescene.com/Features-Reviews/TransomGuardReview.htm

TY,
I think that might have been me?
Was it UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight) Plastic. Then again, could have been someone else I mentioned this too?!?!?!?!?

KG

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 9:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will be very disapointed if you end up buying one. I have seen all the kick butt home made stuff on your boat and all the rigging you have done. You should be able to find a strip of plastic at the hardware store. Another idea is to go to the phone book and look under plastics and I bet they have some scrap pieces that would work perfect and probably for free. You would not believe the little hole in the wall places I have found around town to find parts for my underwater camcorder housing I am building. From the pvc to the o-rings. I started the construction of the thing today and so far it is going smooooothhhh. Should be done end of the week once my lcd monitor comes in.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 4:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the gator grip from Wake Junky, get the color that matches your boat and you are set.
transom

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 6:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
kevin,
yes it was you and thank you. works like a champ.
I picked up just some teak oil at the local lumber shop. I asked for the best they had.

By eb (coboarder) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 9:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andy,
Alright I'll make one, I just have a hole burning in my pocket from all the stuff I sold on ebay! What should I buy instead?
P.S. I am a big fan of Gator Grip and have it all over the deck of my boat, I just want something different for a transom guard.

By Mik (norcalrider) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Earlier this summer I thought I saw a post about some teak transom guards. The guy used brass screws to attach a piece of teak to the swim platform.

WakeJunky- Is the canvas you got at GPS in Roseville working out for you?

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 1:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just for the record,
I didn't pay for the Transom Guard I installed on my boat.

Ben Beckes (formely of NoFlex, Inc) made me a deal; do the review, be honest and get the word out. I did back when I did it, and got free product to boot!!!

If I did it today, I would have just gotten some plastic from "My Guy" and done it up.

KG

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com