info on 2000 maristar wake Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » info on 2000 maristar wake « Previous Next »
By Justin (allaboutwake) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 9:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
has anyone ever ridden behind a 2000 maristar with or without sacks? please let me know if you have. thanks

-justin

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 7:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What model 210 or 230?

By Justin (allaboutwake) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the 210 modle

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 210 is the same boat as what I have, which is an X-10. Differences are, KGB ballast, tower and some other cosmetic things, however the hull is the same. The wake without sacks isn't very large however the more weight you had to the boat the larger it gets. I've been told my wake for water skiing (30-34 mph) is better than most V-drives however I don't ski so I'm just going on what others have told me. My factory KGB adds about 600-700 lbs and I usually throw a 350 lb sack in the bow and the wake is plenty for me. The wake is super clean as far back as you would like to ride and there is no wash from about 16 mph upward.

You do have to evenly weight the boat to get a clean wake on both sides but I believe all boats are that way. The boat is stable enough so when you're cutting on one side the opposite wake stays clean, I've noticed that some narrower boats often wash out on the other side.

Level 10 has a review of an X-10 and waterski mag will be coming out with their 2003 reviews the first week of January. I'll throw a couple of picks in, the first one is just the KGB and wife and 2 kids in the boat. The second pick is with the sack filled in the bow and about 6-7 people in the boat. The second one is kind of rough and the rider just wiped out so it's harder to judge the wake size. Anyways if you have any more questions there are a bunch of people on this board that have the same boat as well.
KGB

frontsack

By Justin (allaboutwake) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 7:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thank you very much for the info. is the boat also very reliable?

thanks again
-Justin

By Drew (helix_36) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 9:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Pat, what lake is that?

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 7:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Justin I had a 97 Maristar before I bought the X-10 last year and I never had a problem with it. It's a boat so it will cost you cash don't kid yourself. However it's a Mastercraft and they are well built boats, depending how the previous owner took care of the boat you should have many years of great boating with the 2000. How much are they asking for the 2000? When I bought my X-10 (2001) last year I almost bought a 2000 Maristar out of Washington state for 33K and that was brand new. The tower was going to cost me another 1k at dealer cost. Depending on how many hours that boat has you should be able to buy something like that for around 28-30K I would think.

Drew the first pic is Kalamalka in BC and the second one is Chestemere just outside Calgary. Chesterslew is more of a better description because it is very shallow which actually causes the wake to be smaller at some points in the lake.

By Justin (allaboutwake) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
they are askin 32500. it is in show room condition like it had only been used once but it has 176 hours on it. but everything looks brand new even the hull, prop, tires, inerior, trailor, ect. if they give me a decent trade in for my boat then i will try to get a tower with it for same price. do you have the zeroflex colapsable tower?

-Justin

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 9:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the 2001 zeroflex tower so it comes down like the 2002(check profile). The 02 is more solid because it has better connection points where they bolt in at the back. If you can get a 02 tower go with that. You should be able to get them down from there with a tower and tarps. I got a great deal on mine last year, I paid 34k, it did have 250 hours on it but really it's not a lot. That price included everything, tarps, tower, automatic ballast, stereo, heater, shower, the only thing it doesn't have are tower speakers and lights.

By Brennan (afrodeziak) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yah Pat's boat ruuuuuuuules :-)

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think Brennan would say anything to go boarding.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com