Jet ski for towing?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Jet ski for towing?? « Previous Next »
By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 12:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey guys.
im a pretty new wakeboarder..and im wondering if you can get a decent size wake off of a 130hp jetski?

By BobD (bigd) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 3:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ummm... no. But you can get a pull - I see people all the time boarding behind jet skis. You gotta be pretty light or you can't get up & even if you do the driver has a hard time steering.

By Wakeman (vern) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that's not true actually... i'm 200lbs and ride behind a polaris virage txi. The wake is not good, however you can catch air. Enough to do some spins and stuff. Just have to work hard at it. The driver only has a very hard time steering if you cut extremely hard.

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for that...beacause im getting my own wakeboard for xmas and i have a jet ski...so i was just wondering..

By Allt (allterr1) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 8:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was just gonna say..most of the wb videos i've seen there was a jet ski/sea doo pulling the rider for slider shots.....

By Wakeman (vern) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 10:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
also wakeboarding behind a jetski isn't all bad. I get behind my friends boat with a fat sack and a pylon and suddenly i'm going huge because to maximize the air behind a jetski you gotta work really hard. Besides, it's all about having fun..

By Jay Carter (jayc) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I sometimes ride behind a superjet 650 stand up and I weight 200lbs plus. The wake is non existant but can be fun, plus we can go places the boat cant.
Although I can turn the ski over from cutting too hard :-)

By Mike Harris (doch) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I learned behind a sea doo. No wake and cant hold speed or direction for poop. Many high speed face plants. Fun to slalom behind though.

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 6:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
so are you saying that i wont be able to get any air from the jet ski wake?

By Todd (boardman74) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No Wake=NO AIR

By Jay Carter (jayc) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 5:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get air but not much, maybe like 12" or so. It all depends on your technique. Its more like an ollie than a wake jump any how. The small wake limits you and the fact you can not edge in a hard as you would with a boat for fear of pulling the ski over!

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
is it worth gettin one of those ski poles for the jet ski? or is it just a waste of money?

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
jet skis are about as non-wakeboard as you can get. The jet system doesn't push against the water well enoiugh to pull you up and once you're up. when you cut, you pull the machine all over the water. the driver has no control. more of a stress for the driver too.

By Andrew Cain (gordy) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for that..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com