fat seat weight Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » fat seat weight « Previous Next »
By Bruce Marnell (hippie_killa) on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
does anybody know how much weight a fat seat holds

By Noriyuki Nojiri (norinorisann) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 2:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When the form of a chair is built, weight is 300kg generally.

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 6:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
1000#'s or so.

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 6:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Got one still in the box if you are interested.

By Larry Lawrence (larry6) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 3:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How Much? W/Shipping to CA?

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 7:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
159.00 for the fatseat plus about 8.00 for ups ground. only have one left, and another guy is emailing me about it....better hurry!!

Bill

By Jeff Altman (jeff_altman) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
According to wakeboard mag page 118, the seat holds 800-1500 pounds.

By Jay Carter (jayc) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 5:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have got friends in Florida at the mo and they are bringing one back to the UK for me and my Pro comp 190. Should be good but maybe a lttile too heavy if you fill both the bottom seat and the top seat back/arms. Friends have one in a Prostar and with both sections full you need serious weight in the nose to make the boat driveable. Oh just to say with both sections full and 3 people sitting on the seat the boat was very close to taking in water through the rear air vents and stopping suddenly would probably sink the boat. You have been warned!
Much better than a fat sac though if you only half fill and have many people on the boat.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 7:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to run an overfilled phat seat with a sac on top. Another full sac in the bow and my boat handled it great, except when turning around the on coming rollers were too big to drive through at idle. I never took water over the stern from chopping the throttle. A phat sac only weights 375 pounds true weight. Advertising makes everything bigger than life. The phat seat is definetely under a 1000 pounds.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it also depends on the density of the water where you are....salt water or fresh.

a simple way to figure out how much mass it holds is to take measurements of it when it is full, calculate the volume with those measurements, and multiply the density by the volume. the amount of volume that you get is largely dependent on how much you fill it, as all of the bags can stretch if you allow them to, and what features in your boat confine their growth.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Or drain it into a bucket or barrel and see how much you get out then muliply it times 8.34. A phat sac only holds 45 gallons inside it casing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com