HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE YOUR FUEL FIL... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE YOUR FUEL FILTER? « Previous Next »
By TY (typhoon) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How often do you change your fuel filter/water seperator?

By Nick (drmalibupws) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Id change it about every 30 hours. When you change it, take a clear bottle and pour the fuel from the old filter in it, this will show you if any water is in your fuel system. The fuel will float ontop of the water.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I changed mine every season, but drained it about every six months. The best thing you can do for your boat is to keep the fuel tank full. That way moisture has a hard time gettting in as there is little air space. If you use your boat year around you will never need to use a fuel stabilizer.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
At the beginning of the season.

Then, id I suspect any problems, I'll drain it.

With the dry air here, I know some guys that go for years without touching it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com