03 Nautique 226 Photo's Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » 03 Nautique 226 Photo's « Previous Next »
By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
These photos were taken 12/12 @ Central Valey Marine 408 605 4765

By Todd (wake_fun) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 3:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Interior, storage pics?

By dane (greatdane) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sweet tower for a day on the lake under a rainbow.

By socalrider (socalrider) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 4:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
02s are much nice looking

By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are those squared off areas pictured by the trailer fenders to produce a better wake?

By socalrider (socalrider) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe that they reduce the area in the back of the boat so it will sit deeper in the water.

By Todd (wake_fun) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
socalrider,
They didn't make this boat in 02'
This is the 226 all new boat.

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 5:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's nice to see CC's making more of a 'stream line' this century kind of look. I've never really liked the old school square look of their past boats. Not to say they don't make good boats just don't like the look of them.

By Aaron Bell (stencil_king) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 5:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much are the 03's going for?

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It has an I/O look to it, but I would like a pull behind one to really know if the boat is any good. Those spray relief pockets appear bigger than a regular 210. That is one complaint of mine on the Nauty's is the spray. It is harder to shoot pictures and video with all the water flying around.

By Craig Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 5:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Square look is better.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 5:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
uuuugly, but what is the wake like?

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 6:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It looks like a manatee with a coat hanger stuck in its back!!!

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i agree with cliff, tim, and dane. the tower looks like the hybrid of a malibu. not pretty.

By Bill (skionone) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What in the world are they thinking. I didn't know they were wanting to get into the I/O market.

By Fredrik Broen (fbroen) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 8:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What I would like to know is who put it on a hot-plate and bent the back of the boat down. I so dislike that sloping look on any boat.

By Hilda Broom (witchestit) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Who ever beat that boat with an ugly stick should be fired, let's just hope the wake looks better than the boat itself.

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i saw a ebbtide the other day with the same looking tower. side by side these boats would look similar...

By salty87 (salty87) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 12:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
that's a v-drive, huh? the swim platform (first pic) looks like its mounted at a steep angle....to offset all the weight in the back?

By Dario (elduke) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 5:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I see mike in the picture! Looking good! Anyway the squared off areas are for sinking the rear end of the boat for wake purposes and creating better response from the prop and rudder. The boat is big and I/O-looking yet performs really well despite it's bulk. Wakesurfers will be forever stoked on this bad boy.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 5:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dario You know Mike, Cool. Hey this is what Mike said "The 226 has less bow rise than a Ski nautique when you take off" He said the thing just plows straight and get's up and go's He said the boat handles very vell and doesn't drive like it looks. Yes there is alot going on back there under the boat. The photos don't show it but the Reverse Chines under the boat are "Huge" and the rudder is giant. It also has a large v-section that runs all the way back threw the hull to the rudder. It looks like they did alot of work on the hull with water flow to give the boat a deep cut into the water but still have a light feal while driveing. Mike said he has not been behind the boat but the wake looks good

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
eww...hideous...just hideous

By Dario (elduke) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 10:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant,
I met Mike down in Orlando at the dealer meetings. He was a pretty cool cat. Ask him about the kid from Utah that he went to with Hooters on the way to the airport. That kid would be me.

Anyway, looking at your boat pic in your profile has inspired me to try and do that color combo with my future SAN. I love the red deck. Probably would not be able to get away with that in the desert here but it looks very good. Kudos to you. Do you get a lot of scratches on the red deck area that are noticeable? Just wondering. Thanks for the response.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thank's The Red does get scratches but so does and other color. Mike has a blue team edition and he said his deck is scratched where he want's to remove all the traction pads and polish it out, Like its somthing you need to do every season to keep it looking like new. I have some small scratches and will polish them out soon, I would think the Red would be easier than Black, I have seen alot of Black Team Edition boat's,

By DJL (dholio) on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 226's are selling like crazy. Buxton Marine in Texas ordered one. They got people out on the water to drive them and they were shocked. They placed an order for 10 or 20 more. CC will not be able to keep up with the demand for this boat but it is a hot seller. Go take one for a test ride! It is also the cheapest boat to produce in the line up.

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
10 or 20 that's a big difference when your talking bots. Credibility?
What is the price range?

By DJL (dholio) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey the credibility is there. I just can't remember the exact number that they ordered. The boat is selling in the $50 or $60 thousand range from what I have heard. CC won't let you "give away" the boat just to make the sale. If you do, the dealer takes the bath.

By NAW (ripr) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call me crazy, but I think it's tight as hell! Can't wait to see one up close.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com