better market to sell boat, midwest o... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » better market to sell boat, midwest or south? « Previous Next »
By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am going to be moving to FL soon from IL...to go back to school...and I was wondering if I would get more $$ for my boat in the FL area or in the midwest. I am thinking of letting the dealer have a chance of selling it for me.

What do you think?

By Jason (jaybird) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 8:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just my guess... i would think up there. only because everywhere you go down here there are ski and wakeboard boats. i would think they are more rare up there. but then again you might find more buyers down here... where in FL you moving? i used to live in IL and moved down here to go to school also.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
going to go to UF. most likely start jan 03

By eric fox (fox) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 5:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When I was looking for my boat, I found a lot in the Ill., Mich, Wis., and Ohio areas. Reason is I think, people pay a lot of money then the season is short and it hits them that they are paying for 3-4 months. I also saw a lot of boats in the Va. and NC areas, which is where I got mine because it was about 3k less for the same boat. Just something to think about. Don't sell in the winter...wait till march/april when everyone wants a boat!

Eric

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 8:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
boats are cheaper in the south

By Tim (srock) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 6:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I attended UF. I used to purchase a boat each year then sell it during the summer in Nothern Illinois. I used to turn about $3000 per boat. That was decent money in the mid 1980's. I found the increased cost of living in the Chicago area and the lower number of ski boats made the deal work. However, I do see a lot more inboards in the Midwest these days.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com