Coffie Talk Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Coffie Talk « Previous Next »
By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What are people using on there boat's to make and or keep coffie warm? Has any on tryed the Coffie Thermous that plugs in to the lighter?

Thanks
Dr.Evil (from "Evil headquarters AKA Starbuck's")

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 5:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I purchased a 12V coffee maker from Overton's. Didn't work at all. I asked for an exchange..the next one didn't work at all...I got credit instead.

Maybe someone else can offer a positive opinion on the overton's model. IMHO don't bother.

I've used stainless steel thermoses (the kind with a screw on cap). They keep the coffee warm for hours.

Bobby

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ahhh… A Seattle related question. Just go with a stainless thermos… even with air temps in the 40’s the coffee is ready and still hot when you get back to the dock.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 3:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am thinking about something cooler for my next boat. Along with heated seats, I am thinking about the warm/cool cup holders to replace a few of the cup holders upfront, like you see in the decked out Suburbans. I think that would be a perfect solution. You just flip the switch for cold or hot and it keeps your beers cold and your coffee hot. I need to do some research on this one over the winter.

By bruce walker (bruce) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a Stanley Aladdin Stainless steel thermos and it keeps it piping hot. I think we got it at Walmart or Target. Boil some water first and pour it in the thermos to heat it up, then pour in the coffee and serve it up. It is very sturdy and has a handle. Holds 1/2 a gallon of brew.

Check out http://www.uglymugcoffee.com/cgi-bin/umcstore.pl for some good coffee. A friend of mine sent me some for Christmas and it was outstanding.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com