My waterproof camcorder housing (home... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » My waterproof camcorder housing (homemade of cours « Previous Next »
By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am in the process of building my own waterproof camera housing for my camcorder. I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions on what to use for an external button or switch that will mount thru the canister and be able to push the on/off thumb switch on the camcorder. Remember, it has to be resistant to water. That is my only snag in the whole design at this point. When I am done, I am going to post the whole setup and step by step instructions so you all can build your own. So far it looks like it is only going to cost me 50 bucks for the materials. I am going to put in a lcd screen in the inside rear of the housing so you can clearly see what you are filming true the large rear glass section of the housing. I should be killer, or leak and kill my camcorder. Thanks for any suggestions.

By Bob (bob) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 3:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
im not sure i understand, if its waterproof that means your filming from a tube or the water right?? if so what are you going to power the external lcd with?if its in the boat then you wouldnt need the waterproofness (yea i no it aint a word--for all you grama lovin foolz)?????

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will be filming from a tube and while in the water. The housing is going to be made of pvc tube large enough to house the camcorder, with glass at both ends, one of the ends will be removable and seal with some heavy duty clamps. The lcd screen is in the rear of the housing so you can see exactly what you are filming. I happended to find an lcd screen that it powered by aa batteries!!! That was the hardest part. I am going to start the building process in the next week or so and am going to take pics of the whole process. If this works, it is going to be a great housing for a fraction of the cost. I got the plans and Idea from a scuba cam housing company that was nice enough to send me detailed pics of their unit.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Andrew, post those pics or your finished product, I would love to see that!!!

KG

By DC (dcervenka) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Definitely sounds interesting... I'm curious to see how you're going to keep it sealed, especially on the end where you put the camera into the tube?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com