Lcd screen for my dash (camcorder)... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Lcd screen for my dash (camcorder) « Previous Next »
By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I want to hook a lcd screen to my dash and also need one for a custom camera housing I am building. I have seen a post here of one on a dash. Anyone know where to get these, and how they hook up to the camera?
thanks
andy

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sounds awesome, that would be so cool. I would like that on my boat if I had a camcorder setup. I just have somone hold it. But an LCD screen on the dash would be oh so cool. you could try mounting it up on the windshield to make easier viewing during driving.

By Mark Bellaver (markb) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's some info....

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/camera.php

By charlie alexander (charlie) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a jensen kvs4000 last year over the internet. it has a 4" color lcd display. it came with a 12v cord and a 110 adapter. it has two av inputs and a tv tuner. It has a standard screw type camera mount on the bottom so you can use any standard mount. Its about 5" X 8" X 1" in size. I remember it being under $200, but its been a while and I would have to look for the receipt. Seems rugged enough as it gets used a lot. Might try doing a web search.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 4:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was going to tell you about my expierence, I think I pioneered this 2 years ago, but Jason has it captured at the Malibu boat owners site. I will tell you that I bought the monitor brand new on e-bay for $90, spent about $50 on cables, spent $70 on a sony car adapter that I wired to a switch on the dashboard so I could turn the camcorder on and off from the drivers seat. The best thing is that you can always see the rider while looking forward, although sometimes in bright sunlight you can't see the monitor if you have sunglasses on. I ran power cables up on side of the tower and video cables down the other side.
v1
v2

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 9:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
tight setup! I like! Does it handle water well?

By Keith F (keithf) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have this 5" display - got it cheap off ebay. I mount it to my windshield just like a mirror, using an aftermarket RAM mount (overtons.com).

Most monitors have an RCA video input jack, along with a 12v input wire. You then hook those 2 connections up to your camera video output, and your cig lighter output (or hardwire it).

They are really bad to view in sunlight - I use a piece of black-tape-covered cardboard as a sunshield.

Nope, most are not waterproof - if you need that checkout an all-weather TV unit - search ebay for water tv and you'll find what ya need....

Hope this helps! Keith.

(Message edited by keithf on December 06, 2002)

By John Jared (jjared) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 5:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What make and monitor did you guys get?

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got a citizen m-938. Got it off ebay new for 90 bucks including shipping . In sunlight is is not too sharp, so I am making a shroud for it. I like this unit because it takes 6AA batteries for power. No need to hook up to the boat battery. the batteies will last aprox 2 hours of use.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com