3-way Ballast Switch Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » 3-way Ballast Switch « Previous Next »
By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone know where I can find a 3-way rocker switch like the one used on the MC ballast systems?

Preferably some place other than the dealer (already tried radioshack, no luck there...) Hoping to save some $$$$ if at all possible.

By Ben (big_daddy_ben) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Have you tried Fry's, Graybar or Grainger?

By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Ben, gave all those a try and nothing close to the MC ballast switch.

Fry's - 12v but not the one I'm looking for.
GrayBar - no 12v DC rockers
Grainger - no 12v DC rockers

By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok found it something very close to it (without the bar LED lights)

Here's the link for anyone else who's interested;
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=692513&location=BBBDS1&capture=TRUE&trans=true

By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 4:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok found it something very close to it (without the bar LED lights)

Here's the link for anyone else who's interested;
http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=692513&location=BBBDS1&capture=TRUE&trans=true

By TY (typhoon) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wish I could see the front of those.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That looks like a single throw switch. If it is you couldn't use it for reversing a DC motor.

By Craig M. Fulton (oldschool) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get those, with lights, at West Marine.

By Bill Hodges (seniorboarder) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The best place to buy switches in my opinion is Waytek Inc http://www.waytekwire.com. You can customize any switch since you order the switch body and actuator separately.

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You should be able to get them at any auto parts store.

By DC (dcervenka) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
James - it's a 3-way switch (on - off - on)

Craig - The one from West Marine are packaged by RULE in some sort of "Panel Switch" console. That would make them kind of hard to stack side by side. (I guess I could take the switch out, but they want $20/ each)

TY - Here's the Front (http://www.boatus-store.com/browse/item.asp?IID=17017) - These are made by Cole Hersee.

Cole Hersee

The picture below is of the MC style. They are made by a company called Carling Tech.

The switch from Carling (same one MC uses) come with ridiculous amount of options! You can get the bar LED or the round led lights. Single pole (on-off), double pole (on-off-on, for use with reversible pumps), momentary on (for horns..), Beveled edge (The Contura IV), etc....

MC Rocker

Still trying to get a price on them.....

(Message edited by dcervenka on December 06, 2002)

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
DC
3 way is fine. You still need double poles or relays to reverse a DC motor

By DC (dcervenka) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill - THANKS! Waytekwire has tons of cool stuff! and pretty darn close to the MC switch!

By TY (typhoon) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Very cool.
DC,
before you do anything though, I think I found the oem sanger switch maker. I am calling them here in a while.

By trace (trace) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 5:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you can switch polarity with a SPDT switch like that, but you'll need relay(s). you can buy a DPDT relay, or build a circuit with 3 relays and a diode that will switch polarity.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com