Never believe what happened to my boa... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Never believe what happened to my boat !! « Previous Next »
By Marco D (typer) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I brought my boat to the dealer to have my interior changed about 40 days ago, They just called me back to say that they were just about to reinstall the interior so they went outside to the yard to get my boat to bring it in the garage. Every thing was stolen, I havent gone there yet but from what they saw it was. Cd player, 2 amps, cd shuttle, tower speakers, board racks and speakers in the boat, ALL GONE. Hopefully the ppass is still there. The good news is this. He told me to bring in a list of everything i had in the boat and they would replace it all free of charge. Also i had a problem with the transmission making noise. He said he was having a mecanic take it off and they were going to sent it out to have it look at and rebuilt if needed. The final bonus is that there keeping the boat there over the winter free of charge. At first i was fumimg mad but they convinced me everything will be like new.
Marco....
99 X-Star

By A. P. (bigdad) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow,
That's horrible and good news all in the same breath. That's a very reputable dealer to reimburse you without any hassle. But I'm curious, why do you have to get your interior changed after only three years?

By BobD (bigd) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude!

Of course you'll give them a list of the stuff you'll need for next year. Not what you had last year. You need to be compensated for your pain!!!!

HAHAHA!!!

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why do you want to leave it there any longer then its been there? If something can be stolen out of there once, why can't it happen again?

By Marco D (typer) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My interior was being changed because of pink stains that had appeared from the under cushions.
Im already making my list of what i had. The only problem is that i had made custom tower speakers and i really liked them, I dont know what they'll want to changed them to. I also had Infinity 652i 6 1/2" speakers in them and they kicked ass. Hopefully they'll give me the boss ones instead.
Marco..

By JMS (wakedad) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A couple of years ago my buddy had his Sport Nautique in for beginning of the season service and the entire boat and his stuff was stolen. This was a week before our annual Shasta trip. The dealer's mechanic had parked it on the street with the cover off and keys in it. They had finished the work on the boat and it was the end of the day and didn't have room in their lot. Then they claimed it was not their responsibility. My buddy ended up turning it in to his insurance and let them fight with the dealership. He did buy a demo boat before our trip though, but it took some scrambling. The worst part is remembering everything you had in their, you always forget something.

By Mark Bellaver (markb) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You're lucky man. A friend of mine had a monster system stolen from his Baja 33 Outlaw while beeing serviced and the dealer assumed zero responisbility.

By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you sure you didn't have 4 x 1000 watt amps in there? j/k

Glad to see that they didn't give the run around like JMS's friend with the Sport Natique.

By Elisabeth Hogan (wakeboard4568) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 2:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW. Thats pretty upseting....at least they are gonna replace it all though...

elisabeth

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So you mean to tell me that my Premiere 140, my casette concave,my drysuit and my brand new yellowjacket that I left in your boat are gone? Add em to your list for me.

Thanks.

By Marco D (typer) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 3:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guys i cant do that, they took out the interior of my boat so that had a good glimps of what was in the boat. The good thing is that ill get all new model sound equipment, And hopefully the boss tower speakers. I just wanna get my stuff back but i will choose a larger amp for my tower speakers. Which boss tower speakers are the best ones. And not the ones that have 2 attached on each side they wont go for that im sure.
Md

By Marco D (typer) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 3:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i just thought of this, I hope they didnt take my Skull shifter, The chicks loved it.......

skull

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 3:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Similar thing happened to me but only the radio was stolen. Unfortunately the radio was $400.00 I split the RETAIL cost of the radio with the dealer and no charge for installation. I was furious! Obviously your local dealer is not in Memphis. I'll just leave it at that.

By Marco D (typer) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I dont see why you had to pay anything, If the boat is in their care when it gets violated its there responsability. Just an example i had bought a v-tec (type-R) motor to put into my civic and i droped it off at the performance garage near my house and the motor got stolen two days later. He told me to call my insurance and i did and they called his and made them pay because it was under their care.
Md

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 6:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the business has a sign stating they are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property then the owner is liable, unless negligence can be proven.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 5:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Marco, you car engine gets stolen, your boat gets ransacked......maybe Montreal ain't the best place to live? I am glad I live where you can leave your house unlocked, and people don't break into you cars.....

By salty87 (salty87) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hopefully they got that terrible tube, too!!...j/k

you almost already won the everything but the boat contest.

By JMS (wakedad) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wondering when someone would comment about the tube!

By Sean M (magic) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hate to say, but what Peter said is correct. Same thing happen to me. Unless the deal is negligent, it's your problem. Mine was $1400 worth of theft and damage. I have not left the boat at the dealer over night since.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I disagree with what Peter said. At least in CA. Most of the time they are responsible. They post those signs as a deterent. When you leave your property in the care of a business they have a responsibility to protect it while its in there care. It does not matter what sign is on the wall. A perfect example is valet parking with the discalimer on the back of the ticket. I garauntee that they are responsible for lost or stolen items as well as any damages that occur to the vehicle when it is in there care.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris I live in Nor Cal and we have one of those signs. I do everything in my power to protect my customers investments. At that point it is left to our disgression whether we want to replace a stolen stereo or not. One thing that helps is when you drop off your baby is remove everything of value that is not strapped down.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good advice from Peter. Take all of your gear out of the boat before it goes in for work. Not only is it safer in your care but the guy working on the boat can get right to work and is happier doing so not having to wade through boards, skis, wetsuits, vests, every piece of rope you own, empties, etc, etc. If my boat goes in to the shop empty of gear, clean, and dry, the person working on it gets the idea that I care about it and just might do a better job of whatever project I am paying good money for.

By Marco D (typer) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 6:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Common guys dont diss the tube its a blast seats 3 people and flys like crazy of the wake.
Im going to the dealer tomorrow morning to see whats up and make sure all is in order. Oh and by the way i didnt pay for the tube one of my crew members did for always taking him out.
Md

P.S. did you notice the skull shifter in the pic. Tell me thats not dope.

By Marco D (typer) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got back from a 2 hour mission to the dealer. Here is the latest scoop. They changed every piece of vinyl in the boat it looks awsome its so white my eyes hurt, and best of all the xstar embroider on the front seat is new again. As for the stolen stuff,,,6 disc Cd changer, 2 amps one clarion 4 channel 500w and one Mtx 4 channel 400w, They also took my 10" clarion sub, and all the 6 1/2 in the boat 3 sets. Funny thing is that 4 of them the tweeters in the middle were blown, hahaha dickheads.....More good news they removed my tranny from the boat and found the clacking problem it was the drive plate that goes in the middle of the tranny and the motor. There sending out the tranny also to have it verified that all inside is ok since its already off...As soon as the tranny comes back there going to put it back on and shrink wrap the boat for the winter.... Last thing, There going to call me in early spring to come down and watch the guy install the sound system....
100% satisfied Mastercraft is the best......

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you should be counting your lucky (X)-stars that you have such a great dealer. no one else has commented, but I think that skull shifter is awesome. does it still have one of those little rings around the bottom that you have to pull up to engage it into gear?

By Marco D (typer) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thats so funny im just in the process of ordering another one. Here is the link. And yes you still have the pull up thing to engage the gear.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=668303&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=664803&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=166971&bmUID=1039300099659&assortment=primary

By Marco D (typer) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 2:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
When you click on the link choose english and type in skull shifter in the search menu, type whatever for the postal code.

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 3:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris:
Sorry to tell ya but your dead wrong. Peter is correct. Here in ca "any" discloure weather its posted huge on the wall or tiny print on the service auth form releases them form any liablity for your property.

This is of course providing they make a diligent effort to provide a "expected" level of security. This means if the gate is closed and locked then they have met the expectations of diligent effort. It would fall on your insurance policy.

Rick

By masterpainter (masterpainter) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Didn't he say that it was parked on a side street w/keys in it? That does not meet the requirements of due diligence and would therefore put the responsibility back on the dealer.

By Patrick Backaric (wake_smuggler) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 9:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
As a boat mechanic I can say that it is definately a good idea to take all of your stuff out of the boat. At least the part of the boat being worked on. We charge for the time it takes to shuffle stuff around, and it generally puts the mechanics in a foul mood. Our shop has been broken into, and we replace every bit of stolen merchandise. The customer comes first.

By peter gozinya (nohalfboats) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB AND THE LITTLE PUNK GOT CAUGHT.GET A COPY OF THE POLICE REPORT!!!!!!!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com