aerator pump push water through anoth... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » aerator pump push water through another aerator? « Previous Next »
By TY (typhoon) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 6:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much flow would you lose if you tried pushing water through an aerator pump wioth another aerator pump? In effect could you put two aerators on one fill/drain hose facing in different directions so as to push water through each other to fill drain? would there be a ton of flow loss?

By Cary Kalamajka (ndh2o) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 6:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not alot of loss, but some. I have a system where one pump is attached to my platform, and one pump stays in the fat seat, and all I have to do is hit a fill/empty 3 way switch. Not very attractive set up, but it does work fairly semi-automatic.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You shouldn't see much loss pumping through each other....but I could see a problem with the 'drain' pump pushing against the head pressure if the fitting is under the surface of the water assuming you are thinking about filling ad draining from the same thru-hull fitting. This is likely a good part of the reason most drain fittings on factory systems are out of the water. The aerator pumps are generally high velocity/low pressure pumps and have a hard time overcoming pressure (you can easily stop the flow from one of these pumps by putting your finger over the end of the hose)

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I contacted Rule on this exact issue. They were super helpfull. He was like "why do you want to do this?" Then I explained that all wakeboaders need a reversible pump that is fast. Well see if they start building one. He then said "I will call you back in about an hour after a cup of coffee." Well an hour later he calls back and proceeds to tell me it works, but the flow was slightly reduced in one direction, and a little more in the other direction. I can not remember the exact numbers he gave me from the flow bench test. BTW this was using the 3800 gph pumps back to back. He said the biggest problem would be priming them. When I said I would run a thru hull pickup and keep the pumps in the bilge he said no problem but you may have to get the boat moving first in order to get flow. I never did build a ballast system instead I sold the boat. I was tired of spending 20 minutes with two 750 pumps running before being able to ride though not the reason I sold it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com