Tige' 03 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Tige' 03 « Previous Next »
By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
New Tige' site is up!

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 4:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Seems like the site is not ready. They are using Flash and much of it does not load. Seems like they will be in debug mode for some time. I go to these sites to get data, not to watch "be patient while loading" pages. I'd give up the "cool" for informatin and speed.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know why they bothered with it. How hard is it to design a working web site? last years site had "The Store" part of it under construction for over a year and never did have it working. Disapointed is all I can say.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 6:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I build a limited number of sights. I've done one in Flash because I discourage my customers from it. I tell my customers that they should keep the motto "keep it simple stupid" when considering a website because those sites are the most effective. They need to understand that their site is to convince people that they can build a great boat, not the fanciest site.

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 3:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
THE SITE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 5:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They should have stuck with great graphics in html

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 6:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the look of it - at least those pages that worked! I have a cable modem so it loads quickly, but I'm sure it's a little slow on dial-up. I can't believe how buggy it is - someone didn't do a very good job of testing it!

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 5:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hhhhhmmmm. and i was thinking of buying one of those boats.

By BobD (bigd) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 5:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ummm... Sux.
I was at the Slalom Shop in Lewisville, TX last Friday picking up some parts and stopped to check out the new Tiges. Awesome! You can't even tell that they are the same manufacturer as my 99 model they have improved them so much. Unfortunately you would not know that from looking at this web site since none of the pictures work, none of the tech specs came up, and the pictures that are there are so small and taken from such a distance that you can't really make out any details at all.

Note to Tige: Lose the flash site. Use HTML. Nobody cares if the logo flies in from the left or right, we want information, photos, specs, etc. Rather than waste time and money on flash animations, why not do something like Malibu and set up an owners area, with discussions, tech tips & support, etc. That would go a lot further in building and enhancing your brand than this new site ever will.

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I actually like it....other than the pricing page will not load for me.....

I e-mailed them on Monday.....no response as of this post.

Even with the problems, it is better than the Mastercraft site.....

E.J.

Best boat site out there to date.....COBALT

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
you gotta be kidding.

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nope.....really, no response yet....

E.J.

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
no- i meant about the mastercraft site.

By E.J. (deuce) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know you did.....

E.J.

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
taking advantage of the dumb are ya.

By A. P. (bigdad) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

ej that was pretty funny

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the air palmetto site should be up soon so we will have something else to compare to.

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know what this air palmetto is? I've never heard of it? Where can I see one? Is there currently an old AP site? Educate me please, because I thought I'd heard of every boat on the market!

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 12:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
according to engineering- there are only 7 prototypes. production is supposed to start early Jan.

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 1:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The palmetto site is up.

http://www.palmettoboats.com/index.html

By BobD (bigd) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think I'll just go with this one instead...
http://www.chriscraft.com/Default.aspx?ID=6

By matt kelly (proairrules) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh man thats bad. I do a lot of design and own a web site hosting company and that site is awful. Most of the pages don't load anything other than 'Please wait while the site loads'

Pretty bad

By Josh Robinson (pyrosmurf) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Um, I don't get it. Whats wrong with it?
All the pages load up for me in around a second, and it's super easy to navigate.
Its a hell of a lot easier to use than the new Mastercraft site anyway.

By Josh Robinson (pyrosmurf) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh wait, when you delve deeper into the site it happens. Has it been officially launched yet though?

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt, I noticed they don't have a <no> site built in. Therefore, if you work for a company that doesn't allow active X no site shows up.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry, I meant a no flash site built in.

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Travis

Have you had a chance to ride behind an AP (Air Palmetto) yet? I haven't seen one but the legend is growing. According to my cousin, his chiropractor was fishing one day with one of the brothers of a Palmetto executive. Apparently the AP is actually built off a center console platform. They've been building off shore fishing deals for years and they feel they've hit on something. Their theory is that if they build a 25' 3 outboard engine model and expand the live wells and turn them all into ballast then Voila! they've got unmatched wieght displacement. And since they're gonna use 4-Stroke engines, fuel consumption won't be much of a problem.

By JMS (wakedad) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 7:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jackie, I was at the orthodontist with my son and heard theyr'e testing the rod holders to hook the rope to on the AP (Air Palmetto). They said you can adjust the drag on the reel and reel it in to adjust line length. They said the wake is incredible, best ever.

By matt kelly (proairrules) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah that is a huge mistake. If you are going to have a full flash site you have to at least have a partial html only site for other people. I'm on a cable connection at home and dsl at work and it loads slow. I can't imagine what it looks like on a dial up.

By josh branch (tigédude) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Posters,

My name is Josh Branch, graphic designer at Tigé Boats. I am also responsible for the Tigé website. We went live with the site a little early, which was a mistake. We were anxious to get the new material out on the web so people could get a look at the new models. I realze the site is somewhat buggy, and hope to remedy these problems within the next day or two. With boat show season coming up, there are a lot of things to be done and the website is of high priority. Please expect to see the complete tige.com, including new sections, within the next week.

Thank you for your input and feedback, and please feel free to post any further suggestions for the website here, or email me directly.

Thanks.

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JMS,
Are you talking about Mike Murphy's rope thingy? I heard there a few companies competing for the patent. That's what my uncle's sister's husband's son told me. Also,the lastest is that Kevin Bacon is getting a Promo AP from them.

By JMS (wakedad) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 12:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jackie, I think it sounds like the same thingy. That's cool that Kevin's getting a promo AP. Will there be a APKB edition? I heard they have an option of a bow motor to help get on plane when your sacked heavy. I still haven't heard a price though.

By T Rare (av8tens) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone buy this 'air palmetto' stuff?

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JMS,

I have been doing some research regarding the Palmetto and I believe they are using bow thrusters to assist in planing. The bow thrusters are fairly heavy to start with and should add some nice ballast to the front end.

Matt

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 7:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think bigd on to something with the chris craft, extend the flag pole a couple feet and you are there!

Isnt' the new mastercraft a 28' too ?

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 9:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"I realze the site is somewhat buggy"

Wow, Josh that's an understatement! I emailed Brett but didn't get a response. Really poor job with the web site. It's one thing to release something and find a few bugs, but I'd say 90% of the new Tige site doesn't work.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill & all,

Trust me, Josh will get the site dialed in soon. Brett is in Rio for the World Wakeboard Championships which is being pulled by Tige'. Please have patience everyone...and if you are dying of withdrawls from not riding, my offer stands still stands. Coming to Vegas soon? We will take you to Mead for a pull behind a decked out 22V!

Matt

By Nick Howard (nick360) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill,

Brett will be out of the country for the rest of December. He is at the IWSF World Championships in Rio, then on to Australia.

Nick Howard

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 7:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That does not explain why I still have not received a response to my e-mail....which was sent to the general "If you have questions department." 4 days and counting......

Maybe they're all in Rio also....

E.J.

By Bill (skionone) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What kind of questions were you asking them? If you were asking about the site, then I would say that Josh just answered your question. And if you are so upset about not getting something else answered, pick up the phone and call them.

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, I think I will wait Bill.... If I wanted to talk with someone from Tige on the phone, I would have picked it up and let my fingers do the walking. Though I do appreciate your concern and suggestions.

E.J.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Site working much better now. been waiting to see more 22v pics and it looks great!

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, thanks for the offer and I may have to take you up on it soon. The site is working much better now. The 22v gallery still doesn't work but just about everything else I checked does.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 11:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bring it on Bill! Lake temp yesterday was 63!

Matt

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 6:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was just down at mead all weekend and it was butter across the whole lake every day!!!!! Unfreaking believable get down there and take advantage of matts offer!!!!!

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 8:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
this is what i am talking about.....
(saturday)

butter

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 8:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim, you bastard!!! How was the riding? I posted a thread in the snowboard section to get all us clowns on the mtn. soon. It's killing me working at the Jordanelle everyday and staring at the lake wishing I could be riding, it's been glass every day for weeks.

(Message edited by parkcityxj on December 08, 2002)

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jay, we just kept going in a straight line for miles!! We saw only 2 other boats in two days. Didnt even need drysuits, used my shorty. I will email you today

By E.J. (deuce) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jay......how are things at Jordanelle, other than the nice "looking" water?

Jim, thanks for making me feel better.......

E.J.

By Dario (elduke) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 10:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim,
That is not even right about you putting up a picture like that for us all to drool at. I guess our season here does not have to end in October. Hope you had a good weekend down there.

By Gary (sanger) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 7:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan the new site is looking good. I know it's your job but thanks for the work.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com