MLS cost Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » MLS cost « Previous Next »
By JMS (wakedad) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone know the option price to add the MLS(Malibu Launch System) to a Sunscape? The midship ballast is listed as a $500 option but I can't find a price for the rear. Is there a price difference if it is added at the dealer vice from the factory? Or am I better off installing a system myself? I can do all the work, just wondering if it's worth my time or not. This is on a 2003 23LSV. Thanks.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The MLS system is no longer available as a retro-fit after the boat has been built. I'm assuming you have not taken delivery of your boat yet, so if you can still alter your order, add the rear MLS to it. The MSRP is $850, and is well worth it, even if you just use the foundation of the system to add a more expansive alternative later on. Bridge City should be able to explain all the details, but if not, let me know and I'll answer any questions you have.

How are you going to use the boat, and why are you hesitant to add the rear MLS tanks to the order?

MalibuBoatOwners.com

By JMS (wakedad) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 7:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat is already built so changing the order is not an option. I was told $2500 for MLS which I thought was rather high. I like the factory tanks in the rear and I'm not hesitant about adding the tanks. We are getting a great deal(I think) on the boat that was in stock. It had the wedge, we had them add the swoop tower and it had most every other factory option. The boat will mostly be used for wakeboarding but we are still learning, no one doing inverts yet, hopefully this next season. I'm looking for options and didn't know if I could get the MLS added. Thanks for the info.

By MIKE O (batman) on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 8:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JMS, I had an 2001 LSV and was able to take my boat to Loudon and have the factory install the rear ballast tanks and the price was $825! It is a nice option and as you said you are just starting out so wake size isn't to big an issue. We would put a sack in front of back seat,locker sack on top of front MLS, and a phat buddie in front seat and the wake was HUGE! LSV likes weight up front. What motor you got? Hammerhead helps that boat cause of weight, but the monsoon will pull it. We had all that weight and six people in the boat. You may just want to buy some pumps,splitters, bags, and make the best of it.

By JMS (wakedad) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd like to add the factory install the MLS. I could go to Merced if that's what it'll take. I plan on adding a sack to the center floor locker. Does the stock sack fill the length of the space? Or can you put in a larger sack? The boat has the Corvette motor, the thing moves and sounds sweet when you open it up. It's different hearing a V8 rev that high.

By MIKE O (batman) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 9:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I guess it depends on how mechanical you are and if you are a risk taker, but you could get all the stuff from Malibu, Skylon, or another manufacturer. 6 700gph pumps,3 reversable switches,3 brass inlet gate valves, hoses, etc. It's the drilling holes that scares me! Vette motor should be great! Does it have Perfect Pass? If not, get it! Good Luck!

By JMS (wakedad) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm pretty comfortable with mechanical things. My son and I are doing a frame up resto/custom on his car, unibody construction. So any plumbing, electrical and even drilling doesn't really bother too much. And yes, it has Perfect Pass, the Digital Pro model. It has just about every option except the smart plug, electric seat(it does have seat heat though) and the bow lifting eye. The stereo is the standard 6 speaker with the 200 watt amp. I think I'll wait to see what it sounds like before I add a sub or tower speakers.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 1:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
JMS, what do you think of the heated driver's seat? We've been having a discussion lately on MBO, so I'm curious as to the details of this option. Does it heat the entire seat, or only the back rest portion. I'm assuming it's the later, as the seat cushion should still be removable. Any other input about it?

Thanks!

By JMS (wakedad) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 7:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jason, it heats the back(lumbar) portion of the seat and the base, but not the flip part. I don't know if the bottom rear portion is removable, something I'll need to check next time I'm at the dealer. We test drove the boat on the Willamette a couple of weeks ago and 2 of my sons and I boarded. I drove after my run and it was pretty nice having a warm seat. It wasn't really hot, just warm, but you definitely notice a difference. I warmed right up with the seat heat and the 2 drivers heater outlets. The girls had the heater hose tucked under a blanket. I'm hoping to extend the season a bit if I can keep my wife warm in the boat. It's looking promising, so any semi-dry day we may be out there.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com