Bigger wake? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Bigger wake? « Previous Next »
By steve lambert (wakesteve) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok, I have.....well my dad has....a '95 glastron that produces the crappiest wake in the free world. now, we've tried putting more people in and having them sit in the back but we only had like 3 people, but it didnt really do much. and it's really stupid to wakeboard behind this boat cause there's no wake to jump off of and so I just kinda hang on for a bit and it's really not fun at all. plus we like just got it so I dont think the idea of getting a new boat would work. another thing is my dad is a waterskier so he likes his non existent wake. I'm a beginner and I cant learn new stuff if I cant jump so....I was hoping some of you had some ideas to making the wake bigger. is it as simple as putting more weight in the boat? another note, I'm a part time worker and I dont get that much money so I'm looking for the inexpensive options, like concrete buckets and so forth. but if you could give me some more ideas that would be great thanks.

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is the boat an I/O or an outboard?

By Stacy Hays (ifishok) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sand works good. $2.50 for Fifty pounds.

By steve lambert (wakesteve) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 2:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it's got a 90 hp FORCE outboard on it.

By Wastemore (barry) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 4:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may want to to try playing with the trim, It might produce a little better wake.

B-

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 6:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Trimming the engine up 1/4 - free.

Finding the biggest Rubbermaid bin that will fit in your ski locker and filling and draining it using a 5 gallon bucket - $6.00.

Stashing sand bags around the boat under the seats and in storage areas, removing them when trailering - $12.00.

Dreaming of the day when you can add an automatic water ballast system to your boat - priceless!

By steve lambert (wakesteve) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
great ideas! any more?

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yep, two words: Air Palmetto

By steve lambert (wakesteve) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what's that

By steve lambert (wakesteve) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 9:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'm guessing it's not a real inexpensive option....

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 9:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Palmetto seems to be the direction I am leaning. I just sold my Ebbtide and am looking to get into something for around 20K.

By Ridin' High (ridinhigh) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any links for the "Air Palmetto?"

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
all we have seen is a brochure that a guy gave me. incredible looking though.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com