Supercharger for boats. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Supercharger for boats. « Previous Next »
By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After seeing the threads on "how fast your boat will go". It got me wondering, has anybody ever put a supercharger on a ski boat? I think it would be cool to have a sleeper ski boat that could smoke a bass boat. Not that I would ever waste my money on one and don't drive my boat fast, it would be sweet knowing you have it.
super charger

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 2:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nautique had a Supercharged "Ski Fly" boat, It was a red and white 01 Ski Nautique with a Ford 5.4 Lightning motor. That looks like a eton supercharger in the photo, The same on goes on the Lightning, They were talking about makeing the motor a option. The next year they switched from PCM to Vortec, I have seen a Super charger on the Vortec version of the ski fly boat. I think with wakeboard boat's getting as big and as heavy as the are (03 x-star) you might see a supercharger option in up and comming boat's.

By Jeff (jumpman) on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ski Centurion used to do a super charged v-drive back in 1993. The one i drove ran about 63 mph.

By Mark Bellaver (markb) on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I doubt you could get enough of the hull out of the water to make it run with the fishermen.

By Joe (jp_over) on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you really want to smoke the bass boats, you could check out the Tsunami... 63 MPH (with the factory 494) or something like that.

Joe

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 8:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dumb question... Do superchargers have oil? A friend of mine has a Ponitac GrandPrix or somthing similar with the supercharged V-6 he was last week telling me that the dealer charged him $8 a bottle for supercharger oil (4 oz each). It sounded a little funny to me, I figured they had it on the shelf next to the blinker fluid. Anyone know? Thanks

By vortech347 (vortech347) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes they do have oil. Some superchargers use engine oil and are fed by the engine's oiling system. The Eaton supercharger that comes on a lot of oem vehicles (Grand Prix, Lightning, Cobra, etc.) has a self contained lubrication system so it has a special oil that needs to be changed on a set schedule.

BTW, Nautique did not drop PCM and switch to Vortec engines. PCM began using Chevy Vortec engines when Ford ran out of 351 engines. Vortec is just a model name for GM's corporate small block engine line.

By Ridin' High (ridinhigh) on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yup, I gots me one of dem' PCM Vortec engines in my them there Nautique.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com