Running on a slope? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Running on a slope? « Previous Next »
By BobD (bigd) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My driveway is sloped at about 15 - 20 degrees. I'm going to store my boat there during the winter (bow down) and want to start it up and idle it periodically rather than fogging it etc. - plus I want to take it out if we get a warm up.

* Is there a problem running the engine on a slope like that?
* Will the cooling water drain OK (using fake-a-lake)?
* I can't turn it around and face the nose up.

I guess I could jack up the front of the trailer and block the whole thing level but would rather not if I don't have to.

(Message edited by bigd on November 28, 2002)

(Message edited by bigd on November 28, 2002)

By Rob Leslie (projectmalibu) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Our drive-way is on a slope also. What we usually do is drive the truck in to the garage with the boat on the back. Then we unhook it from the tongue leaving the safety cables on and blocking the tires up. It usually gets it level for us. Just to make sure we take a level and see if its level. So far everything has been fine, nothing has gone wrong yet. The water seems to run out of the back of the exhausted, when we start it up and change all the engine fluid and etc.

later ~Rob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com