Recommended amp for Boss B60's? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Recommended amp for Boss B60's? « Previous Next »
By Blake (whirly) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 9:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm not very familar with amplifiers, so hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm looking to spend about 300-400 on an amp for the Boss B60's that I will be getting. I'm open to any recommendations on amplifiers. Also, does anybody have any suggestions on where I should get the amp? Thanks

blake

By RYAN (rydog) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phoenix gold and PPI are great amps for fairly good prices. I run my B530's with a phoenix gold tantrum 500.2. They sound great. You can find the tantrum for about $250 on ebay.

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JL 300/2 is about all I have ever pushed the B60's with. They will make those speakers scream!!! And we have done several installs with them!

By Blake (whirly) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 8:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much are those JL's? How many people actually use this dynamat stuff?

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just picked up a few autotek amps for my tower speakers and sub. I've never owned any boss products but I've heard that if you line the inside of the canister with dynamat it helps sound quality.

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 5:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I run the JL Audio 300.2 on my BOSS (MB Quart) Speakers. I have two sets of the 6.5 seperates (B60's?). They sound great and with the boat off, they still output their rated power with out running 14.4 volts (engine on). The power goes down as the battery drains or even with the engine off on most amps.

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
we used dynamat on the underside of where the glove box is and also on the bottom side of the glove box itself. Would not believe how much vibration that cut down on. Stuff is incerdible. But we bought the better of the two dynamats...never used the less expensive one. the JL 300/2 I think runs right around $350-$379. Yea it is a little bit more then other amps,but by far better quality!

By Joe (jp_over) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 9:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I run my towers (4 kicker ss600s) with a kicker KX400.2 & it rocks.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-jmMFImEDBNo/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=110&I=206KX4002&o=m&a=0

Joe

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com