HELP! - WE ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE OUR LAKE Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » HELP! - WE ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE OUR LAKE « Previous Next »
By Matt Royle (the_pimp) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guys, I'm base in the UK and Lake Windermere (the biggest public access lake in the whole of Europe) has had law passed that means a 10mph speed limit is set to come in in 2005. So they'll be no more boarding!! PLEASE PLEASE can you all visit www.waf.uk.com and register/e-mail your support for the petition/campaign to get our lake back and turn over this law. It can be done but we need support.............

Cheers
Matt

By Steve Plaisance (splais) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,If you guys loose this one. You can get them back. take up wakesurfing. It's done at 10 mph and makes way bigger rollers than a regular wake.

By Peter Devine (frickenchicken) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Come on everyone, send a short email to show support. This is what its all about to keep our sport alive. Dont let the rich and powerful rule our lives. Keep up the fight Matt and others in the UK.

By Matt Royle (the_pimp) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Peter. Thing is the ban hasn't been brought in by the rich people in the Lakes, it is by the powerful, selfish individuals who are all too old to think of anything other than dying without anyone being on 'their' lake.........

There are 12 lakes in total in the Lakes and skiing has been banned from all bar one since 1976, and now they want to take away the last remaining and biggest (over 12 miles long and a mile wide) European public access/amenity lake.

It is a very sad state of affairs, but we ain't giving up, we currently have 30,000 supporters on our database and there are some pretty cool activities organised for this year along the lines of our Heritage two day event we did last year - through sponsorship and good will we managed to give 3500 people a free waterski lesson, that included many disabled people who thrive on skiing, one of the only things they can actually do unhindered by their disablity. I'm a hardcore boarder and have been going to the lake since 4 yrs old, but this is all about families and kids enjoying nature and this great exhilerating sport we have ............ I'll have everyone know that Lake Windermere (UK) is also the home of the greatest skier ever (Andy Mapple) and Ladies Euro Wakeboard Champ (Louise Moore) the list goes on ..........
Please please support us by visiting www.waf.uk.com

Thanks ....... and if any of you guys make it to the UK drop me a line and I'll give you a free towe on this awesome lake!
Thanks to all ...........
Matt

By A. P. (bigdad) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey if you're worried your lake is loose, maybe you should get a long rope and tie it down....

Or do you mean "LOSE" your lake. Just busting your chops. I'll be sure to send an email in support.

By RTMunroe (rtm) on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Matt,

this would solve your boat problem...no lake...no need for an X-star... just kidding... I'll be sure to send an e-mail in support as well!! That sucks man!!!
Cheers

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com