how much do u pay to get on the launc... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » how much do u pay to get on the launch ramp « Previous Next »
By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i was stiign around thinking that the rates of a launch ramp r going up here it's up to 10 to 12 bucks used to be 2

By Allt (allterr1) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The most i've payed is $1, although some communities around here have yearly fees (around $150) with unlimited launches. The vast majority of lakes here in FL are free.

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dude come telel the tx gov that

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
In Oregon most the ramps are free also.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The only lake in San Diego county charges $5 to launch and then $5 per person for water contact. Since it's drinking water the money supposedly goes to pay for the extra treatment.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
$5 per launch, or $40 for the year for Sammamish. Most of the lakes around WA are free with the exception of Lake Washington and Sammamish.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
$54/year on lake decatur. lake shelbyville is free. lake clinton is free.

By Skydog96 (skydog96) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
holy crapola... at castaic i was paying 6 dollars a vehilce.. so ya thats 12.... then decided to buy a season pass withc i think was like 175...

that is the cheapest.. piru is 7.50 a vehicle.. 15 bucks

By kevin v (vanderski) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lake Sammamish going up to $50 next year for a season pass.

By Air Besar (airbesar) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Elkhorn Station in Yolo County on the Sacto is 6 bucks - a year's pass is something like 70. I think it's 8 at the ramps in Sacto County. The place we go at the north end of Shasta (Crystal Cove?) supposedly charges but noone is there to collect.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 11:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lake Mead is 20.00 a year for the vehicle and 20.00 a year for the boat.

They just started charging a few years ago...

By Bob (bob) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 1:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
free but id rather spend 150 and be as close as i am now to fresh instead of brackish

By Justin (jro) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Folsom Lake-$3
Sac River $10 Yikes

By David Frederick (dfred) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 8:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jake:

What ramp are you using. Their is one on Eagle Mountain taht is $25 a year for unlimited drops or $45 a year for three boats unlimited.
I think I know where you are putting in, not only is it expensive it is also pretty dangerous and narrow. I tore up a prop trying to get out of the ramp by the Possiums Lodge when the lake was a little low.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude, they are hosing us in Utah 9 bucks last year, Im sure they will raise it again this year!!!

By Wastemore (barry) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The two small lakes we ride at charge two-dollars to launch. We get a season pass for 24 dollars that's good for both lakes.

B-

By John Lorenz (jplorenz) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll second what Phaeton said - most all Oregon Lakes free. Fern Ridge (aka the "Ditch") near Eugene charges $3/day from Memorial Day thru Labor Day or $30 for a season pass. However, as money allocations to these public waterways get slimmer, I bet we start to see more access fees in the upcoming years...
John L.

By Aaron Nielsen (lzyboy) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 4:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DISCOVERY BAY a crazy $20.00 per launch ( 4/31 - 10/31 ) - no passes available

-= peace =-
Aaron

(Message edited by lzyboy on November 26, 2002)

By Randy Gillar (rgillar) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 5:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David:
Where are these ramps at Eagle Mountain. Both Jake and I put in at Lakeview. For me its mainly because its closest to the house, but u right, its kinda tight there.
Lemme know

By Randy Gillar (rgillar) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 5:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
BTW, u ride out at Eagle Mountain much? We were out last saturday PM, wasn't butter but wasn't bad. Hit me up sometime, maybe we can hookup out there

(Message edited by rgillar on November 26, 2002)

By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In UT the state parks are $9 a day. Or you can buy a state park season pass of $65, which I do. It's a pretty good deal considering there are three lakes w/in half hour from me.

By David Frederick (dfred) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 8:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Randy:

If you go past Lakeview and turn down to go to Porkies, first left after Dosier Cove, the ramp is on the left, folow the signs. It is a one lane ramp, but it is very deep and has a great dock.

I ride out their quit a bit, have not been out much lately, too long of a honey do list. How is the water temp? I may try it again this weekend or so if it warms back up.

When you pull out of the ramp by Porkies, look to your left and you will see a house will a Yellow X-star in the lift, that is my parents house. If you see us out on the dock or in the yard with the dogs pull up.

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey randy send me a pic of his board i'm interested in finding a better board i'm lookin forward to go board again

By charley carvalho (wakeeater) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
stop complaining its ten bucks aday at orwood one the cali delta

By Randy Gillar (rgillar) on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 3:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
David: You refering to Lake Country? or is there another over there?

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 4:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the weathers pretty good for boarding now days when we gonna go again i bought a pair of liquid force ultra suctions yesterday

By David Frederick (dfred) on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 4:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Randy I looked again and it is $250 a year not $25. I guess the sign was dirty when I saw it last. I have found if you go in the evening when they are closed or on Sunday they do not charge for use.
Sorry about that, I guess I need to read a little better.
When are you guys planning on going again, I'll have to unwinterise the boat but that only takes about 30min or so.....

By Randy Gillar (rgillar) on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David: might be interested in going out saturday the 7th. Email at RGillar@dickies.com this week, we can discuss.
Randy

By charlie alexander (charlie) on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I go to Don Pedro in Calif. I "think" its $10 per visit, but I can't remember for sure 'cause I buy a yearly pass. Cheaper to buy the pass than to pay the daily rate since I go almost every week.

By James Cameron Campbell (jimcampbell) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 2:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
These ramps you pay to use better be good ones with a tap close by and preferably with a dock. There are no ramps that i know of in Australia that you have to pay to use. I doubt there are any.But most of them are just ramps no taps wish they had taps as most of the time its salt water your in. Actually i have had to pay to use a ramp once at Appletree bay that was only because it,s in a national park, That ramp was 4\5 lanes wide nice angle and had taps and a pontoon.

IT ALL GOOD

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com