High Output Alternator's Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » High Output Alternator's « Previous Next »
By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 3:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Question's Where can I find high output alternator's for (Marine)use.
#1 How much do they cost.
#2 How much output should I get 150-200 amp's?
#3 Is haveing your stock Alternator re-wound a option.
Thank's

By James J DeCesare (jdecesare) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 3:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try the battery shack www.thebatteryshack.com
These guys built the alternator that powers 2200 watts of beautiful Audiobahn Amps. They make USCG approved alternators that do not void manufacturers engine warranties.

Hope this helps.
WakeExchange

By Harold (wikd281) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Make sure you change the factory circuit breaker that is marked 60 amps> you will be going waaay over that with the other alternator.

By Harold (wikd281) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its better to buy another alternator> and save your factory one just in case the high output alternator goes out. You can have it re-wound> but> if that goes out> youre out for a little while trying to find another one. There is a place in San Jose that you can buy the alternator from> I (think) they are called auto lectric> they are right off of 880. If you open up the local yellow pages and call around> many people can give you different ideas of alternators you can run.
Hope this helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com