Board racks for the garage Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Board racks for the garage « Previous Next »
By Patrick (faceplant409) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 9:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What does everyone use for board storage in the garage. I just built a new garage...looking for ideas. Also what boat specific improvements have you made to your garage.
Pat

By Jay Rudd (jdr) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I simply took 2 x 4's and drilled 1" holes in them every 10" inches or so, pointing up @ an angle. I then glued/screwed 1" dowel rods and covered the dowels with rubber tubing. I used different lengths of rods for ski/board storage. Works great.

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 10:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used 16" x 48" ventilated shelving from Home Depot.

I have 4 shelves spaced 12" apart. It works great, and is VERY easy!

By collin (collin) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe and every foot I put a 45 angle fitting and another footlong piece after that. Make sense? I can fit 3 boards and one ski on the rack.it cost me 15$ to make and it actually looks pretty good.

By Rick H (blastmaster) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 5:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Easiest and best looking thing I've seen so far was hat my buddy did. Home Depot

6 closet shelf brackets.
12" wide Peice of board.
2"x 2" peice of wood glued and screwed on the top front edge.
A peice of the round closet pole underneath.
Optional** cable/locks or bungee fastened to wall mid section between bindings.

The boards stand up facing forward(bindings out) The bottom edge cannot slip off due to the 2" trim @ front. Top edge leans against wall.

Use good storng hangers to hang ropes,vests wetsuits etc... for drying.

Install either a cable, or bungee cord if you want to make cetrain they dont fall or "walk away".

Everything painted to match garage walls looks very sharp and very functional. Total cost less the $20.

I wish I had a picture to show you guys it's easy,cheap and works awesome.

Rick

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rick can you get some photo's of that "setup"

By Richie Hearn (hitman) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres some pics of my set up, I went the pvc route like collin

By Richie Hearn (hitman) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 5:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry here again

By dane (greatdane) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Geeze Richie, is that your garage or a chop shop?

I see that pile of nevada license plates on the tool chest! :-)

By Richie Hearn (hitman) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 9:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
well they just changed the style of the plate so they sent new ones for everycar this year, what a waste of taxpayers money, who cares what color the plate is.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com