infinity 61/2 coax's and polk 10" sub... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » infinity 61/2 coax's and polk 10" subs « Previous Next »
By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 1:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thinking about four infinity 180 watt coaxials and two 10 inch polks in a sealed enclosure in an 86 nuatique 2001.Any better suggestions??? thanksfor the input

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I LIKE MB QUARTS.
I HAVE THEM IN MY TRUCK AND THEY ROCK!
I AM PUTING THEM IN MY BOAT THIS FALL.
(4 MB QUARTS 6.5 ON THE TOWER)

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 5:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how much power for your subs? i agree on the sealed enclosures....much better choice in my mind.

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kappas are a good speaker. don't know about the polks never heard them.
it all depends on how much your willing to spend. :-)
What kind of amp are you looking at?

(Message edited by elevenmg on November 21, 2002)

By Sandy Vandebult (sandbag) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 5:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I happen to have two Polk 10' subs in my boat.
I am powering them with an MTX mono amp. I have them bridged and they are handleing about 250-300 watts each. I also have them is sealed enclosures.

I have heard others that hit harder like the JLs and Orions But they may have been 12's.

The Polks sound pretty good and do the job. But
if I had to do it again I would prolly go with better 12's to hit a bit lower and harder.

By jeff hill (hillbilly) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thinking of a jl audio amp,or something close to the same quality.I think it was a 500 watt single channel amp.And probably the jl 4 channel. I think it was 75 a channel.Thught about going with the jl 12w7 or whatever that high dollar 12 was,but not sure if 1 or 2 twelves is to much.I listen to a varietyof music from rock to country,jimmy buffet to dmx back to white zombie.

By salty87 (salty87) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i went with a jl 12w3, it sounds great...a pair would slam. that 12w7 needs some serious power, not sure what size box it needs

i also have the infinity kappa's and really like them. i like that they have their own crossovers. they've lasted well, too.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com