Sony 10" Xplod Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Sony 10" Xplod « Previous Next »
By wakeman (skihardkore) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have any experience with these subs in a boat application? any power recommendations?

By matt (supraman) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a 12" Sony X-Plod ($65) in my car, a 10" Audiomobile ($120) in my wife's suv and an 8" JL audio 8W3 ($120) in the Supra. Of the three, the Audiomobile hits hardest (thanks to Doug and Shawn for making me aware of them), the 8" JL is the next best with the X-Plod a distant third. The fact that the 8" JL plays that much better than the 12" Sony is ridiculous. Plus, they discontinued the 8W3, so you can pick them up online for a song AND they take up so much less room. If you really want to move air in a boating application, Audiomobiles are specifically designed for small, sealed enclosures. Probably more than you wanted to know, but just my experience.

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 4:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for the advice. So you really dont like the sony's? could it have anything to do with the amp?

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm on a message board for car audio. Everyone says that sony droped the ball with there whole line of car audio. HU, amps, speakers, and subs.

I have never heard any of sonys car audio products just passing the word on the street.

By Bob (bob) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i smoked my first 10" xplod and should have got the hint but bought another, this one is the ES version and if you buy one be SURE it is the ES version because you wont hear much bass with a regular xplod . The ES is rated to 300 watts rms and that is how much im sending to it, this is the bare minimum id recommend. Oh yea my wife had a regular xplod in her ranger, till it smoked and it wasnt overpowered like the one in my boat was.

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok....thanks for the warning.....
what do you guys think of JL W010

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i've always heard JL's r damn nice subs...i've heard sum and they sound real good w/ the rite amp pushing it. im not sure if they were the W010 but either way they hit hard as crap. i have a sony amp in my truck and it does fine but as far as their subs i've herd nuttin but bad thing about em.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com