ALUM. SPEAKER TUBES W/MB QUARTS Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » ALUM. SPEAKER TUBES W/MB QUARTS « Previous Next »
By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 12:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MY BROTHER IS GOING TO MAKE SOME SPEAKER TUBES FOR ME OUT OF ALUMINUM (W/BRACKETS)
I BOUGHT THE TUBING IT WAS 6"5/8 OD.
AND THE THE WALL THICKNESS IS A TAD OVER 1/4.
IS THIS TO BIG FOR MB QUARTS 6.5" SPEAKERS?
HOW LONG SHOULD I MAKE THE TUBES?

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DOES ANY KONW WHAT THE OD & ID OF THE MOUTING RING ON THE SPEAKERS ARE?

HELP IS NEEDED!!!

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 2:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
make them 9-10 inches long. Make sure you line the inside with sound deadining material. Also make sure you build some stout mounting brackets. Those are going to be heavy.

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 4:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK THANKS
DO YOU KNOWN IF THEY ARE THE CORRECT OD & ID

THE BRACKETS WILL BE VERY STRONG.
YES, I WILL PUT DYNAMAT IN SIDE OF THEM

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the tubes are 6 5/8" O/D and the speakers are 6 1/2" then the tubes would be 1/8" bigger than the speakers. Should work out fine.

By Ken (kschroeder) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 6:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff I don't think that is going to work if it is the Reference RKC 116. Speaker OD is 6.53 that is not counting the grill. If you want to use the grill it says a 7" cutout and 7.75 if you want grills.
http://mbquart.com/Mobile_detail.asp?model=RKC+116

Click on the RCC 116 Component listing and it will pop up the dimensions for you.

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 5:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
IF THE OD OF THE SPEAKER IS 6.53 THE MOUNTING SCREWS, MOUNT INSIDE THAT?
IF THEY DON'T I DO NOT UNDERSTANED HOW THEY MOUNT.
I NEW THE SPEAKER GRILLE/MOUNTING RING WOULD HANG OVER SOME.

MAYBE I NEED TO GO GET THE SPEAKERS FIRST.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That's what I did. I bought the speakers and built the tubes to match them.

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
PHAETON DO YOU REMEMBER THE SIZE OF THEY?
ARE THEY THE ONES IN THE PHOTO?
I WILL PICK UP THE SPEAKERS TODAY, AND MAKE SURE
EVEYTHING IS A GO.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine are the Kicker RS6. The O/D of the speaker is 6" so the tubes are 6".

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 2:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I GOT MY SPEAKERS AND IT LOOKS LIKE I CAN MAKE IT WORK!

By Ken (kschroeder) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Phaeton I just ordered a pair of the RS6C components and am getting another pair of R6C mid's to go in a custom made enclosure for my tower. How do you like the R6C's? How do they sound at 70'?

(Message edited by kschroeder on November 22, 2002)

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I love them. Best speaker out there for the tower application. I am running 150 watts to each and they are clear, clean and LOUD. I am running the tweeter at -3db and it is perfect.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com