Mastercraft Flow-Rite Ballast System Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Mastercraft Flow-Rite Ballast System « Previous Next »
By Paul Fong (cowabunga) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have pictures of their Flow-Rite ballast system, and can you explain how the system works. If we want to duplicate the system, what do we need to purchase from Flow-Rite and what pumps do we need?

By Tahoe (tahoe) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I believe the system your talking about is the system thats the same as the Pure-Vert that Calabria Boats uses. It has no pumps, just servo gates under the waterline that floods tanks below the floor. Its definetly the best ballast system period.

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is very cool. How does it drain?

By Tahoe (tahoe) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.calabriaboats.com/pvwsv.htm

Heres the whole story.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It drains the same way that it fills. You just open the valves and drive for 15 seconds and the tanks empty.

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I see how it fills, but do not quite get how it drains.

By Tahoe (tahoe) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 8:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Step 1: Hit switch & servo gates open, wait 45 seconds & tanks are full, hit switch & servo gates close.
Step 2: Board till your legs are toast.
Step 3: Hit switch & servo gates open, give the boat a little gas, and inertia forces water back out of the tanks in about 15 seconds, hit switch & close servo gates.
Step 4: Go Home.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 8:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think what he is asking is for someone to take pictures of their ballast set-up in the MC boats. MC uses all flow right fittings which are all quick release snap in and snap out. They have one way valves hooked to a pump. All the bags are 3 line bags, 1 inbound, 1 outbound and 1 for the overflow once the bag is filled. They also make mounting brackets for the pumps. I have 2 inbound pumps and 2 outbound pumps, it is the standard set-up for most MC boats. The inbound and outbound pumps are 1000 gph. They are on individual 3 rocker switches next to the driver.
My 500lb bag fills in about 7 minutes and my 400lb bag fills in about 5 minutes. They take about the same time to empty.

Here is the link to the flow-rite site

https://www.flow-rite.com/store/marine2/retail/default.htm

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would love to see that system. That is too awesome.

By Steve Plaisance (splais) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, I have converted my entire system over to Flow-rite connectors, including my optional sacs. It is so nice. I will take some pictures and put the part numbers on here for you. It is very cheap to do. converting the whole thing cost maybe $30. Basically you can do the entire thing with their MA-014 Quik-Lok and MA-021 Female Connector, some 3/4"ID plastic hose or pvc pipe depending on what you want to do. I have also made some Quik-Lok plugs so when I take the sacs out no water spills at all. Unfortunately I am just now getting my boat back tomarrow (Fri) from being in the shop for three weeks. Try to get the pics on here over the weekend.

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That stuff is awesome. I posted pics of it on the 3/4 adapter post as well.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, did you use 1" or 3/4" ID hose?

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
3/4 inch and it was worth every penny

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com