Tige Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Tige « Previous Next »
By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 6:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am trading my Nautique for a new 2001 22i R Tige this weekend. Just looking for new space. Love the inboards and don't ski like I used to. Looking for input before I make the move. Note, I liked my Mastercraft better than my Nautique.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Level 10 mag. has a test on the 22i. check it at www.level10mag.com/FT_Tige22i.html

By John Kittler (justridin) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 4:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have owned 8 inboards since 1989 and ran a Tige 21V in 2001. For 2002 I got a 22iR and after using it for the season I am extremely pleased with it's roominess, performance, and drivability. Great wakeboard boat, respectable for open water slalom, good storage (the side compartments holds plenty of gear), and funky seating that is functional (seat on engine cover is the primo view). Big boat like a v-drive but still fun to drive and easier to get in and out of the water over the transom than a v-drive. Also the best riding inboard you can buy. Spent a saturday on Lake Havasu last month with all the off-shore boats where any inboard I have owned in the past would have meant a bone jarring ride leading to a short day on the water.

My $.02
'02 22iR

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 6:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for all of the things you described. How is it to slalom behind? I keep on hearing about the versility of this boat. I'm long past my competition days, but, I do like to take the occasional free ski.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 6:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John, that is a nice looking boat! You prefer it over a V drive if only used as a wakeboard boat?

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul.

Bigger boat always means bigger wake but for free skiing this boat worked great. I have been a 50/50 slalom skier and wakeboard enthusiast for a long time but this year I gave up my ski club membership and traded my KD CR7 for an HO Burner and got back to the fun of big turns in open water rather than chasing bouys. At the same time I wakeboarded more than in past years and rode all season without extra weight in the boat (less hassle when the slalom comes back out).

Alan,

Thanks. Nice set-up in your profile. All the talk and postings here about more weight in boats at some point is overkill. Some of the folks who claim to need thousands of lbs. of weight really need a good coach to teach proper technique in edging up the wake. the 22i was not better than the v-drive as a pure wakeboard boat just a little different. The wake was steeper with more kick off the top than the 2001 21V but was bit wider which required better edging by improving riders ie. my wife.

If it was not sold already I would keep it another year as the 2003 is almost identical. I have a citrus green one on order. It will be a love it or hate boat I think!

By Bill (skionone) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige has taken out the spray pockets on the 2003 22i and should make this boat preform even better now. The wake will also be much better from what I hear.

By bing (bing) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 11:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2003 Tige 21i and this is a totally amazing boat the wake for wakeboarding is excellent and the owner of my local ski school rates the slalom wake better than his Prostar 190
So i guess you can't say much more than that. I am over the moon the boat is everything I hoped it would be and more.

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 12:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
then why not a mastercraft?

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 2:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bing

I'm heading up to New York tomorrow with my '93 Nautique in tow. If all goes well I will own a new 2001 22i R Saturday morning. I will be certain to post a photo for all of you to see. The info on this message board has been very reassuring.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I pulled my '93 Nautique from Pittsburgh to Canandaigua Lake in the finger lakes area of New York. First time I pulled a boat through a snow storm, but, all went well. Seager Marine folks were nothing short of terrific. I test drove the Tige 22i R in a freezing 35 degree temperature. I was very impressed. I am convinced that this boat will give me the bigger boat pleasures that I want to move to while allowing me to keep most of the advantages of an inboard. By the way, the lake area is worth a visit. Take a look at the new toy!

By BobD (bigd) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 2:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks just like mine but mine's red & white. The great part about these boats is the 102" beam. It makes the interior MUCH roomier than a 20 or 21 footer.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was suprised by the size. The lake was very rough and it handled the chop very well. This will make my wife very happy. She did not like getting bounced around on our Nautique(which was a terrific boat). This is a big change for me. Time to look for a wakeboard.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 7:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul, congrats on the new ride! You will love the rough water handling and overall handling and feel of this boat. Great looking colors too!

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 7:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Brent. It's a 2001 that they couldn't sell for some reason. I hope it's not too different from the 02 or 03 models.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 8:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 2001 and 2002 are for the most part identical except for the tower. The early 2003's are pretty much the same as well, except for very minor changes with dash configurations.

Hopefully you won't have any issues with the tower. Some people have had problems with that earlier model, but some have no problems with it. It tended to shake and rattle a bit more than it should.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When I had it out for a test run this weekend in the freezing temperatures, there was little or no rattle at all in fairly rough conditions. I need to get a bimini top ordered for that tower. I've emailed the dealer requesting the tower manufacturer.

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The tower is made by Metcraft. You may want to check around. Sometimes you can get a higher quality bimini for a better price through local companies. Ask the dealer about that as well.

By JAY EISCHEN (goinhuge) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had one of those towers on my boat and it shook, rattled and swayed back and forth when you cut in and out all the time then finally this summer we were heading back in from a day of riding and SNAP the frot arm broke and hit my friend in the back of the head. It was'nt pretty. Now I have a 2003 tower on it and I think it will be alot better. All that aside I have enjoyed my boat

By Porter (mikep) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Actually, the tower in that picture is the reinforced one so you shouldn't have trouble.

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for that piece of good news.

By BobD (bigd) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul,

I've got the reinforced tower - just like you have. It's somewhat ugly, but works well. The Bimini for this tower is $500.00 from the dealer. If you pull open the pads from the tower legs you can see the mounting holes for the bimini frame. It is basically a flat-top cover that attaches to each leg of the tower. I haven't priced one but I'm betting you can beat $500.00 at a custom shop.

I use: http://www.lonestarcust.com/index.html

By bing (bing) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 12:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paul
As they say here "your health to enjoy"

Good luck

By OZ (workbytes) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 3:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Unfortunately I have to sell my 2001 22i Type R. You can see it in the for sale area. I have loved this boat but my wife and I have had some non-boating injuries that force us to sell.

If anyone is interested you can email me at workbytes@earthlink.net or call me at home, 480-970-8898.

OZ

By M.I.A. (steveaz) on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wondered why you haven't been around OZ. Sorry to hear that and hope things are getting better for you.

Steve

By OZ (workbytes) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, It all started when I was required to be on-call every other week instead of every third week. When I am on call I have to be within 1 hour of work. Then I was busy for several weeks during the Rodeo-Chediski fire.

We went on vacation to Seattle and I hurt my back. It was almost better when we were in an accident and re-injured it. Susan, my wife, dislocated her shoulder and has been recovering all year. We only had the boat out three times in '02. That really sucked.

If you can spread the word to other AWA folk and say hello to Chuck, Tom and others I would appreciate it. If you hear of anyone looking for a boat in new condition, I have one.

OZ

By Tom Bugg (tombugg) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 2:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
HI OZ! HOpe you both get healthy soon! You don't need a boat to come hang out with us all this year...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com