got gas? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » got gas? « Previous Next »
By dane (greatdane) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
One thing thing annoying about my BU is the gas consumption combined with the gas tank size.
If I take more than 3 or 4 people out for the day, I have to get gas mid-day. Any of you have this problem?

I did a quick search on 2003 wake-boat gas tank sizes (no info on economy).

BU WS - 35 gallons
CC 210 - 39 gallons
MC X10 - 45 gallons
MC XS - 57 gallons

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 9:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
mid-day? I have a 38 gallon tank (2002 Tige 20v) and it lasts all day. I generally go through about 5 gallons per hour so 38 gallons is plenty for a whole day on the lake. There have been days where we went through more than a tank but it was during the summer and we started at 6am and finished about 8pm. Probably put 10 hours on the engine.

By T Rare (av8tens) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 9:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Supreme V208 - 49 Gal. Lasts me the better part of 2 days.

By Skydog96 (skydog96) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 9:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dane i think you got somthin else goin on... 02 wsvlx... i get A a full day with 2000 + lbs out of that 35 gal

By dane (greatdane) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 10:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I mis-typed. We are running on fumes at the end of the day always and often we need to get gas before 4 people had had their three sets in.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 5:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea I agree with skydog96, think there may be a issue worth looking into.

I may have an x10 with 45 gallon capacity, but that lasts me two days (weekend) Could have 3-5 riders per day. Granted I am only running about 1200lbs of ballast, but the economy is fantastic.

KG

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you guys, here is one of the reasons i bought my toyota v-drive! you probably know about it's motor....4.3litre, totally aluminum V8, 300hp, 325ft.lbs of torque, variable valve timing with lift, a 85 amp alternator, distributorless ignition and, best of all, 61% better fuel economy than a comparable engine at 3/4 throttle.
I'll have to check, but I think it has a 48 or 53 gallon tank. Lasts forever....

By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya, the coaches at the wakeboard camp (TWC) marveled at the fuel economy of their Toyotas compared to their other boats.

By Wastemore (barry) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Not to hi-jack your topic, but..
I really like the Toyota. I think they're nice looking boats. Too bad they went south.

B-

By JEFF E (jjeboarder) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MY WAKESETTER WILL GO ABOUT ONE AND A HALF DAYS
OF HARD RIDING AND FULL OF PEPS.

By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 2:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Toyotas were awesome. I am bummed that they went under.
Only their hull was aimed at skiing and was harder to sink. It would take 3000 lbs to bring the wake up.

By Shawn (csquared) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 3:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
On a 99 SuperAir GT-40 we have been getting about 5 gal/hour at wakeboard speed. People and ballast don't seem to make much of a difference. 5-6 gal/hour seems to be about the average for the 5.7L V8s

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
dude, there was no hi-jacking there, i'm glad to see some other toyota fans out there. IT really is too bad they went south, but good for the people who snatched them up at such a great price!

By Sandy Vandebult (sandbag) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yes! toyotas totally rock.
I'm very pleased with mine.
And getting a brand new boat
with full warranty for only
20K is tough to beat
Unfortunatly, I will never see that kind
of deal again. If I want to replace it
with another new boat, I will have to
spend the big bucks.
And, to stay on topic the fuel econemy is
great!

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
do you know the tank size sandy? i can't remember quite what it was....53 gallons?

By Knee Brace Boy (wstr01) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 6:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane,

Do you still have the stock prop? With a lower pitched prop the boat comes up to wakeboarding speeds a lot faster which translates into being able to back off the throttle sooner, which = less fuel used. On the flip side, going faster (skyski speeds) will burn more fuel.

On another note, if you get your Mini before Mar or April, there's going to be a meet in Vegas some where around that time. They're trying to get the speedway so we can zip around the road course.

See ya.

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Still waiting on the Mini. I'll have to get an update. I bet it comes in April or May. I am there if I have it!

By Joe Umalimooch (dakid) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 12:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dane,

Christie fills her BU twice, sometimes three times, a day. Sometimes she takes a lot of people in her boat. That's when she has to fill up 3 times.

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
01 Tige 20i 315hp 35gal. = 1.5 days+

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com