Remote for AMPS Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Remote for AMPS « Previous Next »
By Alan Whitaker (alan) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 9:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok here is what I have done. So tell me if I'm wrong or right.
I wired my amps to a extra switch on the dash so I can shut them off and still run the factory speakers in the boat. I works fine so far but I wanted to know if I will hurt something down the road.
My thought on this was to help charge the batterys up and not put such a load on everything when were not wanting the stereo very loud.
Just hit the switch off and the tower speakers, subs and amps are off and the factory stereo and speaker work as normal.

By Jeff Guilford (fogey) on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 11:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put a rocker switch in the "Remote" wire between the head unit and the amp. I've had this setup for my tower speakers for two seasons without any problems.

By Sandy Vandebult (sandbag) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you have to wire speakers direct to the head unit? I'm interested in this set-up but not if I have double my speaker wire.

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 8:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
WWW.DAVIDNAVONE.COM
REMOTE GAIN CONTROL

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com