Reversable Pump to Fill Ballast Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Reversable Pump to Fill Ballast « Previous Next »
By Paul Fong (cowabunga) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 3:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can someone please advise which is the fastest reverable pump on the market? And how fast can it pump water in and out of ballast?

By Jamie Close (yooper) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There is one available on wakeboardboats.com. I don't have any experience with it though.

By Mike Freeman (ghetto) on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 5:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am using standard water puppys from jabsco, although not sold as a reversible they are a quarter of the cost.By using a reversible switch from some one like mastercraft you can make this pump reverse. I spoke with Jabsco and the problems that might occur is that the pump life will be shortened from 3000hrs to 300 hrs and but since a ballast system only operates upto 8 mins at a time that is still a long life.with the money you save you could use one pump per sack. 450 lbs fills in 8mins with one pump 4 mins with two and so on.
I ran various tests and found that two jabscos filled 450lbs in a fraction more time than a rule 3700gph areator the jabscos are only rated at 600gph and so once again shows how the rated speed on aereator pumps is very inacurate.
The other problem is amps as the pump swithes direction it will cause a surge in amp drain from maybe 8amps in normal use to 16amps. I found that a 15 amp fuse was able to cope with one pump without a problem 30amp for two pumps and so on.If you go with two pumps on one switch i would put a 30amp relay in line to take the pressure of the switch.
If you have any further questions drop me an email.

By Jamie Schoolcraft (captfaceplant) on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am thinking of running three pumps, all on independant remote switches to allow drivers seat balancing, or is this too much for my battery?? I'll probably use relays connected to switches to avoid having to run heavy gauge wire the length of the boat for each pump(or am I not thinking correctly??).

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
instead of getting 3 pumps I would get an 1100 gph jabsco and use 12v sprinkler valves, or use 3 aerator pumps to fill and one self primer to drain.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com