Age old ? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Age old ? « Previous Next »
By Jeff Salem (jsalem) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know this has been talked about many times before. Which Tower to go with? I have an 01' Sunsetter VLX. I've narrowed my decision down to Skylon Swoop or one of the new Boss Towers for '03 (Billet or Bellmont). I think Skylon Swoop looks the best for that boat, but I keep hearing Boss is better quality. Any ideas out there? Something different all together maybe?

By Wastemore (barry) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out proflights swoop. I have one on my Sanger and the thing is rock solid, love it.

B-

By JBIRD (oldkid) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 1:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff - I a Skylon Swoop on my Sunsetter,very solid
and looks great.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
get whichever one lets you park it in your garage without taking the top completely off. my skylon swoop is 1-2" too tall.

Also, if one has a release mechanism that is not succeptable to dropping knobs in the water, it would be preferred. The skylon swoop has two knob/bolt things and to lower the tower on the water you have to take them completely off. While I have not dropped one in the water yet, I did order two more as spares in anticipation of that happening.

Other than those two things, love the tower, it is sturdy and it looks great.

t

By malibudude (malibudude) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 2:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Even though you mentioned the skylon and Boss here's one to consider. The customer service is top notch as well as the tower itself. Both Boss and Titan are here in the Sac area. You'll have to remove the existing biminy first and fill the deck. It's all persoanal taste either way great boat!!

Wakeside is offering discounts to MBO folks
http://www.malibuboatowners.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=3dd5528a6102ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=1893

(Message edited by malibudude on November 15, 2002)

By dane (greatdane) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Titan tower looks SO much better now. And, it is still a great design. Function and now fashion.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com