My new VLX! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » My new VLX! « Previous Next »
By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 9:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here it is, unfortunatly the only pics that came out well have me in them. To make it worse I was grinning like an idiot the whole time.

It was raining really hard the whole trip home 2 hours. thats why the windows are fogged up.

(Message edited by elevenmg on November 13, 2002)

By dave meekings (wranger) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 9:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice boat... i love the colour

By martin potts (kiwi) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bet you were up late into the night dribbling over your new boat .Yah just can't beat the feeling of getting a new boat. Hell its even better than sex .

By dave meekings (wranger) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'll say hahaha

By JEREMY EUBANKS (color_pros) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 4:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nigel, Swwweeet.

By Cary Kalamajka (ndh2o) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 7:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice Boat Nigel. Will you be bringing her down to Hyco for Easter? I'm sure everyone would love to see it !!!

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks,

I was worried the Yellow would be too much, But I really liked the way it came out.

Yeah, I was in it late into the night. I was just about to go home when I got a call from a freind. So 3 of us sat in the boat all night shooting the (edited for content)

I'm definitely bringing it down to Hyco this Easter.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice!!! My 03 should be here in Jan, I can't wait! Did you get it with the new Monsoon 335? I went all out this year and ordered mine with the new Hammerhead 375. I am dying to see how the new motor does... I drove one of the new Response LXI with the 335, and wow, it was pretty impressive. Hope you enjoy the boat, it looks good!

By ChadB (wantboatnow) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The small amount of yellow is good. It looks really nice the way you got it set up. Some colors take time to get use to, especialy mine, Hot Orange. Good luck and have a lot of fun next season. Its always nice to see the younger generation getting the nice new boats.

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 3:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice ride Nigel! That is a great looking boat, that is still very unique. What options did you get on it?

Tony, you'll love the 'new' Hammerhead. It's a sweet engine, especially in the v-drives. We better see some pictures, and a full report when you get it.

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 5:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got the hammerhead 375 after I put some hours on it I got on it hard and my freind slid right off the seat. Still breaking it in so can't tell what kind of GPH I'm going to get.

I got every option. the only things I didn't get were power seat and heated seat. I would have goten the heated seat if I knew it was an option. and the power seat I just didn't want.

I'm hoping its not raining this saturday or sunday so I can get out behind it.

Yeah I'm really glad I got the yellow I was going to get a gray as the second color but at the last second I changed my mind.

By Roy Finney (wkerat) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 9:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the monsoon 335 in my vlx and am very impressed with it although I did not get to drive Nigels when it was at the marina I work at. Nigel's boat looks even better in person. I work at the dealer he got it at and it is really sharp.

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 5:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't worry as soon as I get it the camera will be out...

You guys are making me excited... (i don't usually say that) I thought I was doing really good, trying not to even think about the new boat. With all of the cold weather ahead and at least a month or two of no boat... I have tried to just put it aside. But then a post like this, wow, now I have all of these unpure boat thoughts running through my head! O'Well I will just enjoy everyone elses new boats until mine shows up!

By GLC (glc) on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 1:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Nigel-

Jeff pointed these pics out to me... good stuff! Congrats! You must feel like a proud dad (or something similar!).

Cheers!

-Gary...

edit: (Gary of the Saturday morning at the crack @ss of dawn riding with Jeff at Red Bank when it is 40 degrees out crew!)

(Message edited by glc on December 16, 2002)

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah I'm happy, or was happy... WHAT HAPPEND TO THE WEATHER WE HAD LAST WINTER! It was in the 50's! NOT 27! and every thing is frozen over!!! hey 50's may not be warm but its better than 27 and Ice covering everything including the river!

Sorry just had to vent. seeing that my Florida trip got canceled due to work.

still love the boat just wish I could use it.

By Jeff (ffejtable) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you do make it out, let me know, I have a Bare Ultra dry I need to test out. :-)

My boat hasnt been winterized yet, actually.. I have been waiting for a "nice" day so I can just go for a ride...

Hasnt happened, yet...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com