Why doesn't anyone make an after mar... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Why doesn't anyone make an after market wedge? « Previous Next »
By Greg (oaf) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 9:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am surprised no one is making an after market wedge. It would no different than adding 1000 lbs in a boat or adding a tower. All of these applications are not always recommended by a manufacturer, but with the proper precautions a wedge would make a lot of sense. Someone would have to do their homework on the angle for different boats and a way to re-enforce the transom, but I like the idea better than filling my boat with additional water.

By dane (greatdane) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 10:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There's a free one.
Just pull the back tag of your underwear up to your mid back.

By malibudude (malibudude) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 10:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it's called a patent

By dave meekings (wranger) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 10:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ive heard wedges can ruin ur steering big time. Does any one know if its true?

By malibudude (malibudude) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 10:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes and you'd also have to cut a bottom portion of the rutter to accomodate the wedge when deployed.

By Bob (bob) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 2:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
not to mention the added bracing on the hull where it mounts

By trace (trace) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'd say patent infringement, liability concerns, and the R&D it would take for individual boats make it an unattractive venture.

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a friend who got a wedge from malibu and has it on his X5 and hasn't seemed to have any problems. Also i remember seeing posts of people putting wedges on malibus that were built before the wedge came out so it can be done. The only thing i remember both talking about was having to get into the water to pull the pin that releases the wedge but this could also be done by making some modifications to your swim platform

By Justin (wakesk8er2) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 12:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
imo that thing doesn't seem like it adds anywhere near 1000# to your bout. my buddy has a sunsetter LX with one and we can put 2000# of water in there and the size is the same with and without the wedge. the wedge just seems to make it steeper

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com