Centurion Boats Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Centurion Boats « Previous Next »
By Greg (oaf) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking for some opinions on Centurions boats and reliability. It seems from some of the post I have read the reliability is in question. Is this a recent trend or has it been going on for a while with them? I am looking at a used centurion sport about 5 years old. Should I steer clear of centurions or are they good boats with some problems with customer service?

By Jeff (jumpman) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg,
The Sport is a great boat. Over all the Centurion is a very reliable boat & they do have some issues, but no more than any other boat manufacturer. One thing you will find is that it will be hard to get a large wake out of that hull. Let me know if you have any other questions.

By Mark Mascari (mmascari) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 9:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I owned a 1998 Sport Bowrider for just over 1 year. The boat was very reliable...I never had a problem with it. The motor was the Mercruiser 350. We sold it after 1 year because I just couldn't get the wake cleaned up at speeds slower than 23mph. I played around with moving ballast around but it didn't help. These boats have a very flat bottom and the wake was very small. We sold it and bought a Supreme V Pro Sky. The wake difference between these boats is like night and day. The Sport Bowrider makes an awesome ski boat, however. Here is a picture of my old boat; see how flat the bottom is:

By John Jarman (disbemrj) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Greg,
Last October I bought a 1999 Ski Centurion Elite V-Drive Air Warrior. It has been very reliable and I have had no issues with it. I usually have a bunch of people in the boat and run without even the internal ballast filled. At 20-22 mph the wake is clean. Below that it gets a little sloppy. I have read lots of posts here about issues with boats, but it doesn't seem limited to Centurion. I bought my boat because it had everything I wanted at a price I could afford. So far it has been fine. Good Luck!
John

By Kris Dunning (kgd) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 1999 centurion elite-v, which I purchased new. It has been a great boat. I had a Nautique 2001 for 10 years prior to this and have had to do the same maintance with the centurion as I did with the Nautique (both only normal maintenance). I have only had to change fluids, filters and the impeller (once this summer). There has been alot of trash talk about the centurions on the board here, but I believe every mfg will have a certain number of boats with problems, but for some reason the centurion post just would not die!

Mine was out of warranty after a year and I did not get an extended warranty so the dealership issues have been less important to me (I also do all of the maintenace myself). Mine did spend 2 days at the dealer after the first trip out in it because of a faulty temperature guage, but has not been to the dealer in the four years since. I would be more concerned with the prior owners maintenance of the boat and whether the overall appearance of the boat indicates it has been taken care of.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com