Upgrading sound system on a Calabria Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Upgrading sound system on a Calabria « Previous Next »
By Chris Chaney (viabaja) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 1:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I'm inviting input for those in the know since I'm clueless! I've got a 2002 Cal-Air and want to install tower speakers. Boat came with 4 speakers and a Sony CDX-L400 cd receiver. Stock alternator.

What do I need to install 2 reasonable priced speakers like a set Boss's whatever? What size and type of amp? Anyone suggest makes and models? Is $1000 a right price range or am I dreaming?

I'm just looking to put some tunes out to the guy on the board and not invest a small fortune in the sound system.

Thanks, Chris

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 9:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris, check your email.

check with Ryan Delaney at ryan@ryno-gear.com

He just came out with new cannister speakers, he is in Irvine so if you have any problems you can get to him fairly quick.

By Ryan (ocrider) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 11:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris,

For less than $1000 I can easily hook you up with a pair of speakers, and with the money you have left over after buying them you can pick up a nice amp too.

Email me at ryan@ryno-gear.com for more info, ask questions, etc.

Thanks (thanks Gramps!)

Ryan Delany
http://www.ryno-gear.com
Rynogear Wakeboarding Accessories

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's a pic of the ryno-gear speakers. I just installed them a couple of weeks ago and they sound great.

Ryn-Gear speakers

By Chris Chaney (viabaja) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Ryan, Bill, & Gramps! Ryan, will touch base with you after Xmas.

By Sean M (magic) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chirs,

I have a 2001 Cal-Air. I am running two Xtant amps, a pair of tower speakers (with Ryno-Gear brackets), upgrade the interior speakers and added two 12" subs.

If you go with an effiecent amp, the stock alt. is fine. Mine only dips when at idle RPMs or at very low RPMs with the heater and/or blower running too.

Phateon has 4 subs in his boat (Phat-Boy, same as a Cal-Air), 2 8" subs on his tower and is still running the stock alt.

For a $1000 you could do some very nice speakers. Figure $300 to $400 for a good amp and rest for speakers/brackets/cans...

By matt broad (mattbroad) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 10:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris,

I have an 02' Cal-Air. I added a pair of Boss B-50's to the tower , replaced the stock Clarion interior speakers with 6.5" Diamond audio, and added a 200w amp for the interior and a 120w amp for the tower. I'm 42, so I didn't put in subs!Installed professionally, I think the whole thing was about $1400. I did not add 2nd battery or change the alternator and have no problems at all.

By Chris Chaney (viabaja) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 7:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,

Thx for input. My boat is a mirror of yours except in red. Appreciate help.

Chris

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com