Can you hear bass while riding? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Can you hear bass while riding? « Previous Next »
By Juan Lozano (mr_dumass) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those of you with systems with subs, how well can you actually hear bass while riding? We're doing two Boston Pro 6.5 component systems on the tower, and how much sub is actually needed to hear it while riding. Or, would a setup like Pheaton's work better (2 8's and 2 6 1/2's)?

Thanks

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 1:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Too funny. When I first read the title of your post I thought you just had a helluvalot of fish in your lake! :-)

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 6:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 8's are on the tower to fill in the rear of the boat. You cannot hear the subs while riding. The 6's however are loud and clear.

By Juan (mr_dumass) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phaeton:

What frequencies are you playing out of the Comps?

By dave meekings (wranger) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 1:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
on my boat i only got two 120watt speakers up the front. crank them up and u can hear the sound clear as a bell. i was stoked that i didnt need a full on boom box in my boat.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 6:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Juan I think they are somewhere around 70. It is a variable crossover and I don't remember what I set it at.

By TY S (typhoon) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 6:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
In order to play it as loud asd you will want it you are going to have to set your crossover around 120-150hz. You cannot hear any tower speaker bass 60-70 feet back. Even if you put 8" subs up there, you will not hear a ton of bass.

By scottay (scottay) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sounds kinds funny, but I can FEEL some bass transmit thru the rope! scott

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com