When's Tige's new website gonna be up... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » When's Tige's new website gonna be up? « Previous Next »
By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How come no new brochures at dealers yet either?

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 10:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,

Supposed to be this week for the brochures!

How's the weather?

Matt

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,

I spoke with mission control today and the delay on the website is due to the desire to include the incredible Tino Santori story in the brochure as well as on the website! If you didn't catch the news, Tino, at 18 years of age, got into the US Open as a last chance qualifier and proceeded to win it!

We should see the site up soon! Thanks to all for your patience and understanding!

Matt

By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanx Matt; the weather sucks but thanks for asking. The Santori story is well documented over on wakeboarder.com if anybody wants a preview. Great story sounds like a great kid. Good to know you can still come out of nowhere and play with the big dogs.If only I was 25 years younger. Looking forward to seeing the new site. I'm a few days away from ordering my new 22V and hoping the new website will have all of the colors in it. How does white deck, grey stripe and red bottom sound to you?

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 9:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Tino Santori story: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2002/usawaterski8.asp
The 2003 Tige Catalog and Dealer Meeting pics: http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=72
Tige 2003 Line-up article: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2002/Tige5.asp

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 4:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod,

That sounds BAD! Are you going to get the Rider's Graphics or the Limited?

Order the core weight too...Full fuel tank, four or five people and core weight! Trust me here, that is all most people are going to need for a really nice wake!

Matt

By Ryan W (ryan_313) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mattt what is core weight??

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ryan,

Core weight is six, one hundred pound lead bars covered in carpeting placed wherever you want them! They do not move around and they take up almost no space in your storage areas. It's kind of funny, people look into the storage areas on Tige's in the showroom here and they don't even notice the core weight! Pretty cool idea...

Matt

By Ryan W (ryan_313) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ya that is pretty cool.Why havent doesnt tige put auto ballast in their boats?

By John KIttler (justridin) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 2:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,

We would like to get out riding like you have been but it is quite a bit of work to chop a big enough hole in the ice.

John
Hockey Anyone?

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You know John, as strong as Tige's are built, I wouldn't be afraid to install a steel Keel guard and start breakin' that stuff!

75 degrees and sunny with no wind as I write this. And I'm still wearing shorts!

Ryan, The '03 Tige's have an option for a two bag or a four bag system! Your local dealer should have the brochures in a day or two. I got mine yesterday.

Matt

By Ryan W (ryan_313) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 3:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, thanks Matt.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 3:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,

You already know how good you have it weather-wise so I will not remind you. You should come up here for a mid-winter snowboarding weekend. Then Rod and I will not feel so guilty when we show up on your doorstep looking to mooch rides from you after Christmas.....

John

By Rod Hymas (xrated) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 6:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt; Definitly Riders graphics. And definitly a snowboard wknd. Rod

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you guys don't watch out, I just may take you up on that snowboard weekend offer...That snow would be a welcome change from this balmy climate. As far as mooching goes, are you going to be down here after Christmas? We would be honored to give you both a ride. I will be sure to bring my sunglasses so as to fend off the glare from your lack of tan!! Sorry...

Matt

By Dario (elduke) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MOst of the dealers should have the brochure out by now. It is slick looking with new information about the hulls, color options and ballast options. I was told today that the website will be up in less than two weeks. I was looking at the 22v and that boat is sweet. The new tower, interior and taps(moves more vertically up and down than the previous) make it tremedously adjustable. I am only waiting for a test ride wome time to see the wake. But like Matt says it looks very good.
By the way, here in Utah Brighton has 2 lifts open and expecting Snowbird by Saturday. More snow coming. Probably nothing like Alberta has yet but it has begun here in Utah.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 3:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dario, did you see that 22V at Taylors? They told me they werent getting any til december or the boat show.

By Dario (elduke) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 10:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim,
Yeah I was at Taylors today and they just pulled it out of the shrinkwrap. It has a total black hull with a white deck. They are cleaning it up for the boat show because today it was a little dirty. I was very impressed with it. I will email you with more information.

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 7:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jim....I also took a look at it last night.... Very impressive. I snapped a few shots of it, but my camera is not digital. Though I am trying like a madman to get into another boat Taylor has... If that does not happen, I may focus my efforts on the 22V.

Oh yea....and I have the new Cobalt, Correct Craft and Tige catalogs on my desk as we speak....

E.J.

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I checked out the 22Vs Matt has down in Vegas and they are pimp! I would like to see the wakedesigns tower in person. EJ what boat are you trying to get into?

By E.J. (deuce) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 8:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't get me into this Jim.... Mike and Katie here this conversation everytime we all head out to the lake....

Me and my better half(GF) are in a dogfight over a Super Air(me) or the Cobalt 226(her). I had her talked into the Super before our trip to Powell, but I did not like the numbers between my Cobalt trade and the Super cost.....so now I sit and see what happens between now and boat show time.

E.J.

By snot rag (rideut) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
E.J. When katie starts working at the jail I'll get her working on michelle about that new boat while she is at work. You will have that new ride soon enough.

By Dario (elduke) on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 7:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Off the topic but E.J.
did you happen to see the new Super with the black hull and the silver stripe at Taylors they just pulled out of the shrinkwrap? It is a good looking boat. I think it is set up for the wakeboard school but it is a nice looking ride. And tell the wife the new Cobalt is nice but the Super is the king. And if you can't decide on either of those the new Tige is vastly improved over the old one.

By E.J. (deuce) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, Michelle looks forward to Katie starting... Only a few more weeks....

Dario... Did not see the new Super. Oh yea....and I don't have a wife....at least not yet.

Oh yea....and re-reading my post... The GF wants the 246...not 226....

E.J.

By Michael Gill (mgill76) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
THIS REPLY IS FOR EARLIER. IF I PUT THE CORE WAIGHT IN MY TIGE 20V THEN HOW IS THAT GONNA EFFECT MY TRAILER OR AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE WEIGHT OUT EVERY TIME? I ORDERED A HIPPO JUST LIKE CATHY WILLAMS 20V, BUT THE VERDICT IS STILL OUT ON WEATHER I WILL GET IT FROM THEM OR NOT SINCE THEY WILL NOT CALL ME BACK. I LOVE THE BOAT IT JUST NEEDS SOME MORE WEIGHT IN IT

By Kent Armstrong (kent) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 9:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just as comparison, we leave about the same weight in steel in our 20i, and have for the last three years.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 11:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Michael,

A couple things to watch out for are underinflated tires and excessive tongue weight. Distributing the core weight evenly throughout the boat should be fine. Too much up front will put more load on the tongue. As I have mentioned in previous posts, more tongue weight is better than less from a safe towing standpoint. Too little tongue weight can cause the trailer to whip back and forth uncontrolably. The D.O.T. says the tongue weight should be at least 7% of the GVW (boat, trailer, & gear).

The Tige' 20V reacts nicely with 2 core weights in the rear storage (one each side), 2 in the under helm storage and 2 behind the observer seat- back storage. This keeps most of the weight off the tongue.

Underinflated tires are succeptible to overheating and eventual falure usually on the way TO the lake!!

Matt

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 11:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
make that "failure"

By Michael Gill (mgill76) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 6:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks guys, i talked to hippo today and they said i should get my system in a week or two, so that rocks! the wake is good now and should respond well to some weight

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com