Ballast Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Ballast « Previous Next »
By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey I have been noticing a few threads on how people connect their systems to the sacs. I am getting to this part of the ballast system and I have a few questions. First off, do the blue fittings really leak that much or not and do they hold well on the sacs. Also, is there a much better way to do this and still have an easily disconnected system. The only problem I can see with the waterbed fittings is that I have booster drain pumps on each sac to help keep everything primed and move the water faster. Will they stay on with the waterbed fitting or do I need to do something else. And will these pumps stay primed on the sacs as long as they are near the bottom or so?
Thanks and sorry bout the long post

By TY S (typhoon) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 4:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Look at these:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/44152.html?1036606776
and
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/44475.html?1036679139

By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 6:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, I have been reading these and it seems that the way to go is either a short (how short??) section of either hose or pvc inside the sac with a quick disconnect and (in certain cases, a cut off). Now doing this, does this still drain the entire sac, I realize since I do not have a selfpriming, that it will not totally suck it dry but will it get close. Last question, will my booster pump on the sac still work properly with a section of hose inside and the quick disconnect?
thanks for the help I think I actually see the end of this ballast system.

By TY S (typhoon) on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used about 5 inches. It will drain most everything as long as you do not put holes in the tube.

By daniel harmon (ratm3706) on Saturday, November 09, 2002 - 11:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well here is another question. I noticed on an older post that someone was going to try to stick his pump directy into the sac. If I attached a short piece of hose to the pump intake and then shoved it into the fitting on the sac and used a hose clap to keep it snug. then on the output use a quick disconnect. Would this work and still maintain prime. Last question on this, how long should I make it and on the fill hose, what type of fitting should I use?

By TY S (typhoon) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 7:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I use quick release and am in the process of changing my bag and quick release over to the flowrite stuff as it is 3/4 id. I throw the pump over the side to fill and then at the end of the day hook the pump to the sac to drain. It works very well but you have to put a valve on it to stop the flow.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com