Makeing a wind block (Open Bow) Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Makeing a wind block (Open Bow) « Previous Next »
By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now that is getting cold, I would like to make a wind protector that goes between the walk threw bow area and the front window. I have seen that Malibuís come with them stock. "It's a great Idea" It's a Plexy Glass wind block that look's like is slides in a channel and covers the Area between the front window and the area used to walk into the open bow, Has any one made one or have photo's of there "set up". I m looking for some Idea's, where do people keep the wind block when its not in use, Is there a trick way to stoe it. Thanks G"

By JEREMY EUBANKS (color_pros) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 4:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey man cant you just put on your bow cover?I just started doing that and it keeps all the wind out.

By John Hovde (mastercraft7100) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That what I was thinking after I saw your Profile?

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 5:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gee thanks for you "help" What is the saying "when you get stuck Ask a question or change the subject" I have been running around with the Bow cover On. I asked this Question because I don't want to have the bow cover on.

By Wes (pesos) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
same here - i'd like to have a malibu-style drop-in slot windblock deal instead of always having to use the bow cover...

By MIKE O (batman) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mastercrafts came with a snap on type piece that went in that space. My friends 99 205 had one and it worked fine.FYI

By Bob (bob) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 1:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
my boat came stock with a folding door and a recess that it goes back into when not in use. two pieces of marine plastic, two hinges, and two locks (one for when its closed and one for when its open

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 4:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can also just lay an upsidedown wakeboard from the windshield to the floor. I used to do that before I got my malibu.

By Fluid Concepts (jlembas) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 7:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant,

We have used 1/4" or thicker ABS black plastic. Go to your local plastic supply and ask if they have some remnants. You should be able to pick up a piece for $10 or cheaper. Some patience, jig saw, and sander will get you a nice fitting part. Try to make it so that it will fit between the walk-thru parts of the interior and "wedge" itself in when you close the window. Storing is easy.

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I suggest plywood and roofing nails. Does the job on my Centurion

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 10:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
'Jerry" Thank's We are on the same track, I have been to the Plastic Supply place. They have the plactic in all thicknes's and color's. I have allready made a template (plastic), that fit's nice. I just need some sort of track system that the plastic slides into. My friend "Mike" has a Malibu and It has a Aluminum Track system that his plastic wind block slides into. It has some sort of felt in the Aluminum channel that keep's the plastic snug and keeps from scratching it, So that's what Im on the hunt for now. I ll post some photo's "Up Sidedown Wake board" as a wind block "Next thing I will be doing is adding a confedarate flag to the boat! "Jackie your the Man" send some photos of your Centurion!!!

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 7:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok I Finished it here it is. You can see more photo's here

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What about 18 oz vinyl with industrial velcro on the sides?

By Harold (wikd281) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 7:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant> that looks awesome bud! Did you have to screw into the fiberglass to mount the tracks?

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DANG! That is sweet! Where did you get the channel for the tracks? Can you post the link to the other pictures?

By malibudude (malibudude) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 9:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you have a bew business on your hands Looks like it was from the factory.

By Sandy Vandebult (sandbag) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 7:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice work dude,

And since you found absolutely no help here,
I nominate you as
"The wakeworld leading expert
on wind blockers"

Can I get a second on that?

By Harold (wikd281) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 7:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
second that

By Mike Smith (bond) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Yo Grant - Hey that looks awesome, did you but the tracks from Malibu they look just like mine. Dig the red plexiglass

By Wes (pesos) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant - that is sweet :-) how much? ;-)

Wes

By BobD (bigd) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DUDE!!! I liked that battery charger rig you built a while back too! Did you bend the plastic at the top or is it just tapered off? If it's bent how did you do it? That looks better than stock.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok for more info go here: http://www.geocities.com/mtbmudmachine/windblock.html?1037838016879
1. The tracks are from a Mailbu $18 each from local dealer "I got the Idea from my buddy Mikes Mabilu" Thank's Home Boy
2. Yes you have to screw the track's into you boat.
3. Yes the plastic store (Tap Plastic) bent the plastic. I gave them $40 and didn't ask how?? (I should have}
4. The whole thing cost around $68
5. Thank's for the Ideas.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com