Paradise Ski & Marine / Riverside Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Paradise Ski & Marine / Riverside « Previous Next »
By JBIRD (oldkid) on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ooops? Let me try again. Not to long ago there was some bad things being said about Paradise Marine.I have had my boat in there twice.Once for a oil change,(which took 45 min).2nd time was for a oil change and they put a heater in.that took 3 days.When we first got the boat we had a starting problem when we were at Lake Havasu.Called Mike he sent Nick out to Lake Havasu 4 1/2 hours one way,and fixed the boat.I thought that was pretty good service.I must be lucky,i guess.Just wanted to give some credit when credit is due.So to guys at Paradise,Mike,Brain,Nick. Thanks again.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 3:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You must own a Malibu not like us red headed step children who own Moomba's.

By logan adams (gr8wake) on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 11:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How much money did you spend on your boat, accessories, etc. usually that predicts how much effort a dealership is willing to go out of their way. The more you blow the better service you get!

By swass (swass) on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 11:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Damn...there's my problem - I thought it was "WHO you blow!"

By JBIRD (oldkid) on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Logan - I don't know what your situation was there
at Paradise,but sometimes the service guys hands
are tied.He's not going to do the warranty if he's
not going to get reinbursed for the work he does.
This i know fist hand from buying a used boat from
Correct Craft in Riverside.They had it for six
weeks in the middle of summer onr time,that was
great??

Logan adams - Low 30"s not the most exspensive,nor
the least.

By Tim Monk (monkey) on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 4:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just wanted to follow up on what you said by adding that I too had a great experience with them. The 3rd time they couldn't get my simple parts order processed for me, the guy politely told me that he had lost it on his desktop, then asked me how things were going. My great experience was when I hung up the phone and called somewhere else. It made me feel soooo good to actually get my parts sent to me that I just had to share it with you all

-Monkey

By Tim Monk (monkey) on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh, wait, I was wrong, the second time was when he lost it on his desktop. The third time there was some other excuse
-Monkey

By Logan (libertyj5) on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 2:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was lied to regarding warranty issues.

They stated that my problems were not warrantable according to the mfg. When I called the mfg they said that all my problem were valid warranty issues. The mfg checked my info and not one warranty issue was even filed. How can someone tell you the warranty claim is denied if the mfg knows nothing about it.

Dont get me started, because I have a list as long as my arm regarding things they up and lied to me about.

Oh and the boat was 2 months old when I took it in. There is a valid reason why they no longer sell Moomba, and I will never purchse another thing from them ever again.

By Tim Monk (monkey) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 6:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh ya, I almost forgot. I heard a story from a local service tech about ordering parts from them for a boat they were servicing. After a while the tech just gave up and ordered from another place. Anyway, long after he finished the job, about 6-8 months later, the parts finally came and these guys tried to bill him for them anyway. The service tech had to look back through his records to figure out when the parts had been ordered in the first place.

I'm wondering if my parts order will show up in another year or so, along with CC billing.

-Monkey

By Logan (libertyj5) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tim,

I would not doubt it the way that place is run.

By C.U. farley (surfer1992) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dmac ,
I know im kinda late in this coversation but its seems to me that the members on this site that are complaining alot about alittle. Maybe LOGAN is right about them not handling Moomba well. I had a Moomba and I thought my dealer was giving me the runaround. Untill I decided to call Moomba direct and get some answers . After alot of pointing fingers the dealer turned out not to be at fault just the knuckle heads at moomba were the problem.

Logan maybe you pointing the finger the wrong way. As for Paradise they are great guys that seem to answer all the questions that I threw at them. Since I purchased my boat used (out of Warranty) I need fix my boat myself.
I called Mike at Paradise he was very helpfull. I also ordered a new swimstep and that went off with out a hitch. I dont know what to make of that. I guess the People that had good service from those guys(paradise) just dont write on a what seems to be a complaint board....???

By Logan (libertyj5) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
C.U. Farley,

If I am pointing the wrong finger, how come everyone else that owns a Moomba now takes it to Island Marine and says the same thing.

Oh and just a adder, my boat is getting shipped back to the factory in Tennessee next week to get all the warranty issues fixed that Mike at Paradise said was not covered under warranty on a new boat.

My story goes alot deeper than just what I post here. If you have some time I will be happy to tell you everything.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com