3/4" I.D. quick release fittings. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » 3/4" I.D. quick release fittings. « Previous Next »
By TY S (typhoon) on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 10:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
flow-tec makes some awesome stuff. I just ordered them. They are 3/4" i.d. which you cannot find anywhere else without some type of reduction on the male side. Thanks for the tip B.T. Lowe...
One of the barbed to male fittings is not on the site but they are adding it. If you call, they can get it for you.
https://www.flow-rite.com/store/marine2/retail/default.htm

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Glad to be of service...I had these on my '01 MasterCraft, and I loved them. We retrofitted my buddy's Moomba, and he couldn't be happier.

One of the biggest complaints regarding bag type ballast systems is the mildew from leaky fittings.

The Flow-rite system elminates leaks altogether and has the added bonus of making bag removal for drying everything out after a wet day (rain, bow submersion, etc.) a snap!

I'm surprised they haven't caught on to promoting their products in wakeboard publications since MasterCraft uses their parts as OEM.
image/bmpfemale
female.bmp (4.9 k)

image/bmpmale
male.bmp (4.9 k)

By KC (desertrover) on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 - 10:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty, the link for the company web page doesn't work. What is the name of the company-- I looked under flow-tec and flow-rite but no success. I would like to get a few of those quick disconnects.

Thanks,

KC

By TY S (typhoon) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 6:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
www.flow-rite.com/store/marine2/retail/default.htm
OR try www.flow-rite.com and go to the store than fittings.

By KC (desertrover) on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks, the site works now. Might have just been they were working on the site when I tried to log on before.

KC

By TY (typhoon) on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 2:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here are the pics.

By james mccallum (jmccallum) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 5:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
TY;

Love the pictures. It's the only way slow learners like me figure things out.

What are the respective part numbers?

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 6:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
MA-014
MA-032
MA-021

By Murphy (bigfaceplanter) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 2:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Do you still need to have a shutoff valve on the bag with these Qwik Locs ???

By TY (typhoon) on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes. you need the valve still.

By KC (desertrover) on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tye, what is the thing in the last picture in your email photo series?
How are the quick connects held to the sak--do you have the quick connects just between hoses that go to the saks or do you put one of the connects right at the sak opening? What are the clamps that hold the hose to the quick connect pieces?

Where did you get your shut off valve?

KC

By TY (typhoon) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The first piece goes on the tube just after the ball valve. The ball valve can be had at any hardware store. White plastic with a red handle. Just above the red ring you pinch the black side and it open the teeth that lock the two pieces together. The third is the male on the pump. So you have a male on the pump. A male on the tube end from the pump. A female on the sac. Works like a champ and very quick and easy. You can actually put the disconnect anywhere on any hose.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com