Carbon Fiber Wakeboard Racks Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through March 13, 2007 » Carbon Fiber Wakeboard Racks « Previous Next »
By Machew (mbrown) on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 10:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Besides looking sweet, how do these things perform holding boards in chop. Single bungee racks seem to be worthless in holding 2 boards of different widths in any sort of chop. Long term what are the maintenance issues by being exposed to massive amounts of UV? Just wondering?

By Matt K. (flyspec14) on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 8:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Probably the best holding rack on the market right now. Awesome in chop, and I'm on the great lakes. Also a UV inhibitor built into the resin. I'm pbviously a huge fan ;)

By "G" (grant_west) on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 9:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a set of the Fundamential Designs Reveloution rack it holds my boards nice and tight. I havent had them out on the water as of yett. Go to the companys website you can see they did a bunch of stress testing and the racks are solid.
Upload
Upload
Upload

By "G" (grant_west) on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 9:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
UploadUpload
Upload

By Larry Swift (sndmoundde) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant, do you have the racks mounted on your tower. I have a Super Air and was thinking about getting the Revolution Racks but I wanted to see them mounted on the FCT.

By "G" (grant_west) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 11:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry: I have them mounted to my FTC tower. Ill post some Pic's, But I removed my flight clip's and mounted them directly to the flat bar.
They also have a tube adaptor for the round bar.

By Larry Swift (sandmoundde) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 12:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Grant. I was going to mount them to the flat bar as well.

Let me know when you post your picks.

Thanks again.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 4:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw these racks at the boat show and they looked really nice, but they were mounted on a 21V completely horizontally, so they stuck out quite a ways from the side of the boat. Maybe it was just the way they were mounted...

By baine Herrera (abhoe157) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 6:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Grant what are you going to do with your flight clips

By "G" (grant_west) on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Selling them. You want them?

By chrissocal (chrissocal) on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the first time I have ever seen these. Are they worth the $$$? I still have my origional racks from my 00Xstar and the boards bang around pretty good up there...I'd love to upgrade.

By "G" (grant_west) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Larry: here are some pic's of the rack's on the FTC. I mounted them up in about 30 min's
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Sinko (sinkoumn) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry for the Hi-jack, but Grant what type of bike do you ride (saw the helmets in the one photo)?

By "G" (grant_west) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dont have a bike right now. I will always hold on to my lid. "Kosinski" replica past bikes, RGV 250,RZ-350,GSX-R 750 & 1100,Vespa P-200 and my last ride was a Italjet Dragster 180. And this is why I dont own a bike any more LOL
Upload

By "G" (grant_west) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This was my little 100mph scooter
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Larry Swift (sndmoundde) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 3:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Grant. Do they bolt right to the FCT or do the have clamps? Looks like you bolted them right up. Did you have to drill out the FCT?

Thanks Grant for posting the pictures.

By Spencer Welch (spencerwakeside) on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 9:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We just received a shipment of the Fundamental Racks. I am stoked. I was able to desk test one this last week. It will be a very functional rack on the water. It would be an easy rack to mount like Grant did. Two holes for the Illusion X outer dowels and one hole for a through bolt. The round mount should be available within the next couple weeks.

Fundamental Carbon Fiber Wakeboard Rack

By Matthew Bird (ldr) on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would like to see someone try to put boards in them from the inside of the boat. It seems like it would be difficult to have to push away from you twice for each board instead of pulling towards you once for both. Don't get me wrong, they look great and i'm sure they function well once your board is in them. It's getting the board in them that worries me.

By joe stanish (fundamentalindustries) on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,

We have used them for a year now and we have not had any problems getting boards in and out of them. Personally I would not use one if I had it, but we know that there are a fair amount of people that want swing racks, and we have been hesitant to rush to market out of concern for safety. the safety aspect of the mechanism and the potential for them to swing in the boat if not latched securely is a serious one. After several months design and testing latch mechanisms we have one coming soon that will retro to our revolution rack. We have achieved what we believe is a safe latching rattle free swing. The swing base will feature a single button positive lock with a carbon cover. Our release date is targeted for early May.

I am also including some pictures of two racks that we had Troy Lee Designs paint. We wanted to do this to show the possibilities you have to paint our racks to match your boat. We have also been trying some different carbon weaves for future projects.

Joe Stanish
Fundamental Industries LLC

By joe stanish (fundamentalindustries) on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 9:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are the pics!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By joe stanish (fundamentalindustries) on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So much for proof reading! What I meant by personally I would not use one is in regards to a swing mechanism. I will send some pictures of using the racks without a swing clamp.

By Ha-Wai-Yn (dabigkahuna) on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know what you mean about the swing clamp, almost had my head taken off yesterday by a swing rack on a 220!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com