2000 Wakesetter 23 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 09, 2007 » 2000 Wakesetter 23 « Previous Next »
By Swatguy (hookedonboardin) on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well was doing some boat searching and came across this boat. I'm by no means a Bu guy at all. ?Know very littel about their boats, but have ridden behind pre 06 VLX on ocassion. I didn't even realize that they made this boat back then. Thought the 21ft'r was it.

Which hull is it on? I know the 23 LSV has gotten rave reviews from a lot of people on the site and in the mags. Would this boat have that same hull back in 00 as it does now? I pretty sure the diamond hull was the ski hull, and the sv23 is the wake hull. Any idea which this is? Also what popped up in the search was alot about the newer ones, but couldn't find many post on the older models. Anybody with some input would be appreciated wake wise compared to that of the pre 06 VLX. It has the 3 tank ballast sytem and wedge. think that's plenty for an intermediate with 3 solid inverts and 2 more in the works? Upload

By Ray (project3060) on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 1:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2000 LSV (escape) and it is the diamond hull. We love the boat and do not think it will limit you at all. It may take a little more weigh to sink the hull but we run 3-sacks, 600 lbs of lead and the wedge and think it throws a great.

By Sam Aikele (atropine) on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 23 LSV hull change started in 2004. I have one of the newer ones and love it. However, the older ones are nice also. The wake isn't as big as the newer hulls, but I don't think it will limit you.

By Swatguy (hookedonboardin) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 12:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well was able to get some great info on this boat for sure at the malibu crew in regards to the hull.

So for those who are interested. The 2000 wakesetter 23is the sleeper 23ft'r. It the onlyyear besides the newer ones (04 and beyond) with the 25 wake hull. The regular escape has the diamond hull as does the wakesetter 23lsv's of 01-03.

Here's a great link for people interested in the Malibu hulls. Sorry for the post here but thought you had to pay a membership fee on themalibucrew site,Hope some others can benefit from this as well. What a confusing pattern with Bu. Way too many hull pattersn if you ask me. They should stamp the hull model on the boat somewhere to help us out....some Diamond here and there and everywhere. I'd get lost without the chart
http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=hulls#2000

By Brannon (fullspeed) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 7:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It doesn't matter what hull it is, all you need to know is it is a Malibu and that means it is good. Why is that confusing.

Swatguy are you looking to buy the boat on the post?

By Swatguy (hookedonboardin) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 9:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
A close friend has an eye ot andis ready to purchase! Came across this boat sand it looks in great shape. Not to mention He like the gelcoat pattern and graphics and I'm a fan as well.

We bot like the wake out of the VLX so would assume it's very similar.

I know a Bu boat is solid, but you wouldn't be buying a boat with the regular diamond hull like a response LXi for boarding. The wake hull just get you a bit more peaky of a lip from our experience. Also been behind a Sunsetter Lx and LXI . There was a very noticeable difference. So that is why the hull concern.

(Message edited by hookedonboardin on February 02, 2007)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com