Pics of malibu bimini "igloo" Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 09, 2007 » Pics of malibu bimini "igloo" « Previous Next »
By Colin Fichman (tidalwake0504) on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anybody have pictures of that malibu that was on here a while ago with a bimini that kinda looked like a igloo with snaps connecting to the windshield. Kinda hard to describe it basically had a clear part that connected to the windshield in between the bimini that sealed of the cabin from all air and made itlook indoor?

By travis moye (driving) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 5:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some from a Supra I saw a while ago.Upload
Upload
Upload

By 882001 (882001) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
wow,that is a function over form kinda thing its ugly but with a heater you could use your boat at any temp as long as the the lake is not frozen. how do you grab the dock? does the window on the side have a zipper?

(Message edited by 882001 on January 14, 2007)

By ben (riverside) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

this one?

By 882001 (882001) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the one on the bu looks way way better

By jonny (midwesty) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am pretty sure i would go insane in that, let alone i bet it takes some getting used to when in tow

By travis moye (driving) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The one on that Malibu is legit. I like that alot. That would make the winter much nicer.

By Gene Williams (gene3x) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where do you go to buy those things? Do you have to get them custom made?

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Travis, you live in FL. Put on a sweatshirt when it gets cold.

By ANDYMAC (bftskir) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
is the back all open?
I'm sure it is custom but any good marine canvas shop can do it.

By Roddyrod (wakeslife) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tim, in these parts one never rides in the boat without a sweatshirt

By Racer #5 Team Capt'n (bond) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Where can I get one of those

By Edward J. Sullivan (bigshow) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 2:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had mine custom made.

By travis moye (driving) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wasn't really saying for me. But, you can bet I get the heater and heated seats in my boat. It gets cold here. Today was only 79!

By max luna (lfshane132) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
o man 79 it was 35 here

By Anodyne (anodyne) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 5:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow... if you can't hack the cold, don't buy a boat.

By Billy (woreout) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
MasterCraft has an option called Eisenglass that is very simular to the Malibu pictured above.
I think they should call it a "Yankee Top" myself.

By John Schneble (john30) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That boat is from Gonnasons in Kent, Wa. isn't it?

By Art (rallyart) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 7:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Eisenglass is just the name for the clear plastic.
Same stuff as is found on the fish boats.

My son played hockey on the lake today so the enclosed top wouldn't help today unless you ice fish.

By Art (rallyart) on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I like the Bu one. It looks like you could still use it at 30 mph.

By bill (billthom) on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah that is Gonnasons.

By gp (goinboardn) on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This was came with mine when i bought it used... works like a charm on cold mornings... zip the windows right off and then just the bimini is on... pretty cool "extra" when i bought it.

Upload

By Brandon Raymond (big_brandon) on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope nobody farts......

By 882001 (882001) on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what about exhaust fumes? the station wagon affect?

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow! Those guys did what we have always joked about. That IS legit. I might actually rid more in the winter if we had one of those.

By 05mobiuslsv (05mobiuslsv) on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brandon that was the most random, funniest thing I've heard for a long time on this forum. Thanks for the laugh...

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 12:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm one of the owners of the black and red malibu.
Here are some more pics of the boat: http://www.area69.com/pictures/main.php/f/vlx

We got a heated seat and a 3 outlet heater, so its really nice and warm in there.

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is another picture
Upload

By UncleSam (unclesam) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that is awesome! So it still stays fairly warm in there even with the open back?

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah! Its super nice in there.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 8:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've seen that Supra going down the freeway a couple of times. I've always wanted to get a closer look at it. Up hear in Seattle, that thing would be a godsend for winter riding, no matter how ugly.

By Gene Williams (gene3x) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK Viktor.... the million dollar question. How much?

By Big Ed (big_ed_x2) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The one on the Malibu is pretty awesome,I like it alot!!!

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is that a Jetta wagon pulling the VLX? What's the towing capacity on that thing? Must be the diesel model .

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
how much, nothing but cry sacks here in the island(whidbey).

By Brett Treiber (pc_sledge) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 2:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone have any pics of Mastercraft's version and/or know what the option costs? There's a small picture of the eisenglass option in the '07 catalog but its not a very good one.

By davidgree (davidgree1) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 2:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
HOW MUCH? WHERE DO YOU GET ONE?

By travis moye (driving) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 4:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That thing is badass. It would be nice for Florida in the rainy season!

By evil0ne (evil0ne) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Upload

Looks more like a Passat now that I think about it.

By Brett Yates (polarbill) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 7:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry for being off topic, but kenny that is an awesome profile picture.

By Kenny (ghostrider_2) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 7:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thank you Brett..

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 11:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its custom made by a shop that makes boatcovers and sprayhoods. At todays exchangerate it was about $1440(USD) or 1000 (10 000 Swedish kronor)

Yeah its my Passat. Its a 1.8 liter Fwd. :-)

It was heavy, but quite ok. We pulled it a really short distance and just stopped to filler her up.

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 11:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh another thing. Its foldable and fits in the storage under the seats on the portside.

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 11:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some pictures of boats that be based our design on.

Upload
Upload
Upload

And here are the design drafts we gave to the guy that made the thing.

Upload
Upload

By Viktor Carlquist (vec) on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 12:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im posting everything I have since people are curious about it.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Art (rallyart) on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Viktor, I was curious about the folds.
You did a good job thinking it through.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com