white boat seats?? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through December 26, 2006 » white boat seats?? « Previous Next »
By corbin stanley (mastercrap) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey guys i need help on cleaning white boat seats, whats the best thing to use to get stains off?

By Nate (norcalmalibu) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, work the best alot of work but I have yet to find anything else that comes close.

By Coach (oaf) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have found that Vinyl Sauce by Boat Bling works wonders on white. Shipping costs are high but worth every cent.

www.boatbling.net

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes , Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works great. Also Tuff Stuff works great on everything. A soft bristle brush help clean perferated vinyl.

True story: Last year my 2yr. old wrote a sharpie on our white seats. After trying everthing, the Magic Eraser worked the best. But still did not get all of it out. So we put a damp towel over the marks and sat on the towel all day. By the end of the day all the marks where gone.

By Chris Brown (cbrown) on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Also Fantasik with a soft bristle brush will get just about everything out. Spray on brush and then wipe off with a dry towel has kept our all white interior clean for 2 years now.

(Message edited by cbrown on October 30, 2006)

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 7:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've yet to get a rust stain off my white vinyl, tried almost everything. magic eraser, fantistci, lemon juice.......I may try a little bleach now.

By RICH DIEROLF (bigrich) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Watch it with the bleach I hear it dries out the stitching.

By C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't use bleach!!

It dries the vinyl. This will cause the threads at the seams to pull through the vinyl once it dries out.

By John Reddig (reddig82) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you should just live with your interior. You don't see the interior when your behind the boat. Which is were you should be any way. Just kidding. Stay away from bleach. Oh yeah, Corbin tell your dad to worry about the interior its your job to ride behind the boat and impress the ladies. Are you guys going out this weekend?

By Jim Aikins (ccryder) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the cushion is removable, set it out in the sun and squirt it with water every couple hours. I had a rust mark from a zipper and after a couple of days in the back yard with a spray bottle it was gone.
Good luck.

By adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
not even dilluted bleach? 10% solution?

By Lauri H. (soak_up_the_sun) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 11:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We just did our white boat seats this weekend. Used a combo of Fantastic, soft "fingernail brush", and magic erasers. Followed up with a liberal dose of 303 and they are BEAUTIFUL!

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 4:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I use Wesley's Bleach White. You need to be careful when using it. I always go back and wipe the vinyl with a wet rag at least twice. I have never had any problems. I have also used it on white convertible tops with no problems.

By FoxrepDC (foxrepdc) on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 7:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just had my seats re-covered in rich Corynthian leather, and the carpet replaced with the same material from the Reef Pimp slides! All of the interior sides and dash is now wood grain, and my entire boat smells of rich mohoghany....I uh...

I'm kind of a big deal.....people know me!

By corbin stanley (mastercrap) on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 2:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thanks for all your help the magic eraser was killer on these dingy seats!!! thanks again!!

By Jason Johnson (jasonj) on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
where do you get Magic Eraser, do they have it at West Marine?

By Red Sovine (san210nut) on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 7:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You can get Magic Eraser at your grocery store in the cleaning isle...but be careful, it's abrasive!

Magic Eraser is a cleaning product comprised entirely of Melamine foam. Despite urban claims, this cleaning product contains no other added chemicals. However, the Melamine foam is itself a crystaline chemical compound (called formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfite copolymer). The foam, because of its microporous properties, actually removes otherwise "uncleanable" external markings from relatively smooth surfaces. For example, it can remove crayon, magic marker, and grease from painted walls, finished wood, and hub caps.

While this does appear miraculous, it's simply a property of the kind of foam used. The open cell foam is not only microporous, but its substance, melamine, is also extremely hard. This means it is actually working like sandpaper but on a very small scale, getting into tiny grooves and pits in the subject being cleaned. Because the bubbles interconnect, its structure ends up being more like a maze of fibreglass strands than like the array of separate bubbles in, for example, styrofoam.

Melamine foam is safe to use for cleaning as long as the manufacturer's instructions are followed. If applied to the skin, especially in sensitive areas such as the face, irritation may occur.[1]

The substance simply needs to be wetted to work properly. It does break down rather rapidly, so a given block of foam generally lasts only a single intensive scrubbing session, though it can be used repeatedly for much smaller marks.

While the name-brand "Magic Eraser" is made by Mr. Clean (Procter & Gamble), the foam itself is manufactured by BASF under the name Basotect® and was already a common product before this new use was discovered. Other companies have also begun cutting it up and marketing it for its cleaning properties, either under other names, like Coralite Ultimate Sponge, or as a generic product.

The foam also has other interesting properties: it has high sound insulation efficiency and is also flame resistant. It's also very light: replacing the traditional foam in aircraft seats, an Airbus A380 can lose 600 kilos.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com