Finally Specs on the 2003 X-Star! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Finally Specs on the 2003 X-Star! « Previous Next »
By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just out Today in the new MC 03 Brochure!
Length: 22ft 3 in
Beam: 100in/ 2.54m
Boat Weight: 4200lbs/ 1905.09Kg
Seating: 12 people/ 834.61 Kg
Fuel Capacity: 57 Gal/ 215.77l
MSRP: $????

P.S. Mastercraft isn't changing the dash on the new X-Star! So get used to the X-Pod style dash with Yellow gauges boys because its coming!
Wake:????? Still unknown...

By Chris Hargis (chris_hargis) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 1:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At 4200lbs it should throw a good wake (IMO)

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 1:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah its going to be a whale! 4200lbs is kind of a lot!

By GRAMPS (akman) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 2:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
4200lbs is not that much in terms of how everyone weights their boats today. My current boat weighs 2900lbs and I put another 2200lbs in it.

What the initial weight will do is make it so you won't have to put as much weight in it.

4200 plus the triple KGB and a sack or 2 and it should be a nice fat wake.

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 2:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I saw the 03 X-star yesterday at Copes in Santa Clara. There is no way that thing has a 100" beam, unless they are drastically changing what I saw. My 225 has a 98" beam, and is much wider than the new X-Star.

I like the way it looks, except for the tower, but they need to do some fine tuning on the fit and finish, IMO.

mb

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 2:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
100" beam is the listing beam width in the 2003 Mastercraft Brochure which hit my shop today! Either they printed it wrong or thats what it is! I don't make up the news I just report it!

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 2:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, 22'3" length, 100" beam, and 4200 lbs unweighted. That's a lot of freakin' boat!

Its gonna be interesting.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 5:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
4200 pounds running on that narrow running surface makes for a big fat wake. Can't wait to see it!

By Rick Alan (boardjockey) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 5:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If I didn't have other things I enjoy spending time and money on, I would get the new X-star. That thing is awesome-

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 10:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 02 X30 specs say length = 228, beam = 98, weight at 3300lbs.

If the number printed are correct...
The 03 X-Star must be HUGE!

By Jim Bogden (bog) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 12:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
so what size of engine & HP is pulling this 4200 lbs plus 57 gallons of gas?? Better be bigger than the current one or else it will be underpowered

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 12:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At our dealerships we ordered all of our 03 X-Stars with LQ9's, 385 hp and caddilac northstar ignition. Those will be plenty of power, but you can opt for the L18, 9.1 L, 450 hp and a big block to boot! I called MC yesterday to get an MSRP, they said they didn't have one yet, but MSRP on the new 28' MC will be released Monday! I'll let you know what it is!

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 3:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I wouldn't look forward to towing that thing anywhere far. Does the brochure say what engine is in it at at that weight?

So much for nimble handling in our inboards..
IMO

By Justin Rudd (jrudd) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 3:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
9.1? Don't you mean the current 8.1 that is offered? Never heard of the 9.1. Just curious...

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 8:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The boat is going to be about 6000 lbs on the trailer full of gas and gear. Whom ever buys this better not tow with a little truck, or at least not behind me on the road. Could be interesting at the launch ramps though.

4200 boat
1200 trailer
475 gas
125 anchor & gear
6000 lbs basically

From what I heard the wake is gonna be what every wakeboarder dreams about. I sure wouldn't turn down a pull.....well in a few months anyway.

By Whit (whit) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 11:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can we guess on the Monday's pricing of the 28'? 80K is my guess. I think 450hp big block option is either 9K or 14K. (I hope I'm wrong...)

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 8:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So that is what my dealer was referring to on the length...
In August I spoke to my dealer, he asked, "Still Love your girl" (meaning my 01 MariStar 210VRS) I said sure I do, but I'm not planning on trading up if that's what you mean, he said, "you should think about it, the new X-Star is your boat"!

The new X-Star's hull is apperently built off the X-10's hull. They took the basic shape and modified it to what we are seeing today.

With a 98"-or-100" beam, and nearly 1.5ft longer than the current X-Star, you in essense have a MC X-10 or MariStar series boat.

Just my $.02

KG

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 12:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Excuse me 8.1 NOT 9.1 (typo). Still waiting on a phone call from MC to get MSRP.

By salty87 (salty87) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i'm sure they tested for this but with a 100" beam at the rails and some new, slimmer underwater running surface plus a heavy tower loaded with racks and boards....sounds like it could be somewhat unstable for rolling over in the wrong set of rollers.

that could be a power turn gone real bad!

By William Walmer (sonicr1) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well if it is based on the X-10, there won't be much power turning anyway!!! I have one, it doesn't turn well at all!!!!!!!!! (compared to a comp boat)

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Salty, yeah that, with a little turn and that bow might grab a little water. I guess we'll have to see. But I do know that the X-10 and X-30 roll more than most as it is.
IMO

By shane (auto) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 7:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My thoughts, buy a real truck up front anything up to 12K will not be an issue.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is just what he was telling me. I personally don't have much of a problem turning my boat, fast, slow whatever, it turns real well, and does exactly what I want it to.

I would say that comparing the X-10 or 30 to a "real" comp boat is not fair. Most "real" comp boats are narrower and shorter, have less draft and weigh FAR less than either of these. One must remember that MC considers the X-10 and X30's original design (the MariStar line) a family based boat.

KG

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drumroll please....dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

2003 Maristar 280 VLO
MSRP(Base): $85,710
+6.0L LQ9 add $6000
+8.1L L18 add $9000

ouch! Thats an expensive boat.

2003 X-Star
MSRP: MC Still doesn't know??? What the he$$

By Justin Rudd (jrudd) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I heard the x-star would not be out until atleast january if not a little later. So why would they release the MSRP. The final production design has not even been finalized.

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
At $85,710 is that with a motor at all, or what motor is it standard with; the 330HP??? I would think MC would make the 8.1L standard, either way it's huge money, it's competing with the offshore boys and there $20,000 engines.
Somebody has to try and do it.

Auto, I just like to 70 mph over our mountain passes around Washington, not 50 mph, I feel like a looser holding up traffic on a narrow highway and a long hill and I don't want to give up 315's.

By Dirk (dlb988) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 11:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
$85,710 + Trailer + Motor that will make the boat go + options = ouch. That is a very limited market in this economy.

By Whit (whit) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Only 80 of the 28 footers will be made this year. If I'm not mistaken all 80 of those boats were sold at the dealer meeting in Idaho.

This should be a good year for Mastercraft. Between the 28 footer, the new X-Star, and the thirty-five 35th anniversary boats Mastercraft is selling some expensive hulls.

Any idea how the two models of the 35th anniversary boat will be rigged and what they will cost?

By mccook (mccook) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 5:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the new X hasn't been finalized yet how come there are people posting reports about the wake? They are usually like....."my friends friends friends buddy knows a pro who said it's the best ever". Are these report total BS or have some new X-Stars been ridden behind enough for someone (outside MasterCraft)to make an actual judgement call on the performance. The new X does look like a innovative boat but I really cant imagine how the wake is that much better than an X-Series, Super Air, or Wakesetter VLX (others not included but not forgotten). Cant fault MasterCraft for going in a different direction though.

By Whit (whit) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 7:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm getting a little nervous about the new X-Star's wake as well. The new wake has definitely become an Urban Legend among us wakeboarders. No one has seen the wake--only accounts seem to be 2nd hand. (i.e. The a friend's sister's brother rode behind the wake and it rocked) The unfortunate thing with urban legends is no matter how good they story--they are all untrue.

Anyone know Travis Prost from Virginia? He is the only person I have heard of by name, not associated with Mastercraft, that has ridden behind the new X-Star. Would be great to find out if it was a true story...

By Eddy Celis (bughunter) on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 7:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The price of the 28' is in line with what my delaer told me.
100K with the big engine (required for the weight) and options.
Ultimate "look-at-what-I'm-able-to-afford" ship if you ask me.
Last thing I heard my dealer was not even going to preorder one.

On the new X-Star... I was impressed with it after I saw it in person. But the dash is just plain ugly. I think it is mostly the yellow gauges that kill it for me.

Eddy

By MIKE O (batman) on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 7:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A boat that big, wide, and heavy resembles the Tige 23V. I had a Malibu LSV that weighed 3500# plus trailer, etc. and it was a bear to pull even on a tandem. The LSV did make a huge wake!

By kevin federico (kevinfederico) on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 11:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
if i'm not mistaken, i believe cope said to expect $mid sixties for the 03 xstar

By Mike Horgan (supraboatfan) on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 4:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It looks strange but I like it if it's flat water because it might have a problem in rough water. That is a lot for a wakeboard boat. Add 3500 l.b.s. of ballast and the wake would be awesome.

By Jeremy Mosier (littlejackamo12) on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
yeah, that new x-star should be cool... hey bradley, i work at the Mastercraft dealer in Wichita....i was wondering if you guys ever found that pro tournament team boat????

By Bradley Beach (bbeach) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Never found it... Its probably chillin on a private lake in someones back yard somewhere. Thieves Suck.

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 9:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Although Specs are out on the '03 X-Star in spite of not-yet finalized production, I feel it is my duty to address some inaccuracies I have seen on this thread. First, the '03 IS NOT built off the X-10 hull, that would be a tragedy. One look at the back will tell you the '03 is the heart of the old X-Star turned into a much bigger machine. To state that with '03 X-Star "you in essense have a MC X-10 or MariStar series boat" is misleading and very irresponsible. I hope Rick's not spewing that BS. Second, a non existent turning issue has arisen from this rumor. One has said that "comparing the X-10 or 30 to a "real" comp boat is not fair. Most "real" comp boats are narrower and shorter, have less draft and weigh FAR less than either of these". Now I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that the '98-'02 X-Star would be considered a "comp" boat, hopefully that's a safe assumption in this context. The old X-Star was dimensionally similar to the X-10. It was 3 inches shorter, had 2 inches less draft, and was 25 POUNDS LIGHTER than an X-10. The major difference was that it has a flat bottom and 3 tracking fins. The '03 X-Star has that flat bottom and 3 tracking fins, AND THEREFORE turns just fine and doesn't swamp through your everyday rollers.

I shudder to think how the inaccuracies would perpetuate if everyone thought the '03 was "basically an X-10". Please confirm your facts before posting on such a major issue. Some may question my facts. They were ascertained through direct conversation with MC factory reps and engineers.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 4:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Shudder all you want. The new x-star is FAR LARGER than the old version. The size is comparable to an X-10 or slightly larger. So far it is the heaviest X-series boat MC has built, and so on and so forth.

I don't have to justify what I said, as I was only quoting someone. My dealer is on the MC advisory board, and though I have some issues with their service dept, their information has yet to be inaccurate!

Thanks for the flame, I appreciate it!

btw - The old x-star was not close at all to the dimensions of the x-10! Check your facts!
It was over a foot shorter, nearly a foot narrower, and nearly 300lbs lighter. Carried 15gal less fuel, had 1/2 the storage space, may have had 2 inches less draft, but then again it was a smaller boat!

KG

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 4:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
k, correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't an 18 foot boat that weighed 4200 pounds make a bigger wake than a 22 footer that weighed 4200 pounds?
maybe i'm wrong, i dont know?

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 5:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
the SIZE of the new xstar may be comparable to the x10- but NOT the hull. they are totally different.

just my $.02.

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The innacuracies and irresponsibilities continue. I've checked the facts and they are as follows:
Facts (Source: MasterCraft Factory Brochures):

'02 X-Star X-10 '03 X-Star
Length 20'7" 20'9" 22'3"
Width 90" 95" 100"
Weight 3050 lbs 3075 lbs 4200 lbs
Draft 22" 22.5" TBA
Fuel 33 Gal. 45 Gal. 57 Gal.

So, the '02 X-Star is not over a foot shorter than the X-10, but only 2 inches. It is not nearly a foot narrower, but only 5 inches, and IT IS NOT NEARLY 300 pounds lighter, but only 25 POUNDS LIGHTER. The fact that the "new x-star is FAR LARGER than the old version" has never been in dispute but to say "The size is comparable to an X-10 or slightly larger" is in dispute. When considering the facts that the '03 X-Star is 1.5 FEET longer than the X-10, 5 inches wider, and OVER 1000 pounds heavier, it would seem to me that the '02 X-Star is a heck of a lot closer to the X-10 than the X-10 is to the new '03 X-Star.
If this or previous posts have been considered a flame, may I suggest a sprinkler system. As long as inaccuracies are purported but with the caveat that "I don't have to justify what I said, as I was only quoting someone" then I guess $.02 just doesn't buy the facts.

JC

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, that didn't come out as planned, allow me to spew these specs again:

Length: '02 X-Star - 20'7", X-10 - 20'9" '03 X-Star - 22'3"
Width: '02 X-Star 90", X-10 95", '03 X-Star 100"
Weight: '02 X-Star 3050 lbs, X-10 3075 lbs, '03 X-Star 4200 lbs
Draft: '02 X-Star 22", X-10 22.5", '03 X-Star TBA
Fuel: '02 X-Star 33 Gal., X-10 45 Gal., '03 X-Star 57 Gal.

Sorry about the garble,
JC

By dane (greatdane) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"inaccuracies are purported"

Jackie, not enough fiber in your diet?

By travis bramlett (travisb) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jackie- you seem to know your facts. i apologize for saying the SIZE is close. i just wanted to let kevin g. realize his inaccuracies. the new xstar looks to be great in all aspects. looking forward to seeing one at my local dealer.

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 3:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll be the bigger man and admit that yes, some of my information was off, and after reading the MC website, I realized I was quoting the wrong year.

So Jackie if it makes you feel any better (don't let it get to your head any more than it already has...) I was inaccurate with some of my information.

Now the issue of you knowing everything because you have talked to the factory, well I could care less who you talked to before you posted. re-read my original post and you will see I was only quoting someone else. I took that information like a grain of salt and thought I would pass it on to everyone here. THat is where this started.

KG

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 7:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, Ok, cool. I only got on my horse because this is a pretty serious issue for us wakeboarders. With all the rumors of who said what passing around I wanted to make clear that we ALL need a grain of salt with this information. I realize all the stuff passed around on this board pretty much goes nowhere and most likely will never have a material effect on the boating industry. I'm just trying keep the guessing to a minimum. And KG, it does not make me feel any better or any worse to know more than you do, I just want to make sure everybody else does. (I'm kidding, let's end this pissing match). I knew your info would probably be from a different year or different boat (X-30 perhaps?) and you're a good man for admitting your oversight. One thing's cool though, this all did lead you to find the correct information. If you're ever in NC, e-mail me for a pull. Good Day.

JC

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 7:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
One more thing: I didn't get the fiber joke but I'll admit I'm not totally sure what "purported" means.

JC

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 7:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, one MORE thing.
The 280 VLD MSRP is $85,710 BUT the 385 HP LQ-9 is STANDARD with that boat. Someone had posted that the LQ-9 was a $6,000 option, but it's free. So now everyone can afford it, right?

By patrick elliott (grenade) on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 9:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got to ride behind the 2003 xstar in tennesse, I went with a friend of mine who owns a dealership. The wake is insane, our prorider had us empty the tanks to about 1/3 full.. its truely in a class of its own

By Jackie Chiles (huss) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 2:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
EXACTLY! Insane wake.

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 1:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wonder if they've run it around a turn island?

By trace (trace) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nothing that costs over $60 grand and isn't real estate is a serious issue to me.

purported = alleged, supposed, professed...

By fabien t (bigairmiami) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 4:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Heard that there is already a waiting list on the 2003 Xstar with a price tag of about $70K. Only 125 boats will be produced this year. Forget about trying before you buy, maybe in 2004. NUTS!!!!

By Brad (mastercraft_ok) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 8:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Straight from the 2003 MasterCraft web site, it has all the specs (except price - go figure)...

http://www.mastercraft.com/pdf/xseries_specs.pdf

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com