Goofiest Wakeboard Boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Goofiest Wakeboard Boat « Previous Next »
By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Of all the boats I've seen out on my bay pulling wakeboarders, I really think mine is the strangest. I dare you...click on my profile. Does anyone have a sillier boat than mine or is mine truly the sorriest wakeboard boat on the water?

By indo (indo) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 8:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you win!!

By Nigel Pitcairn (elevenmg) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think its like of cool looking. In its own special way. Whats the wake like?

By dayne whiddon (wdayne) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 9:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I LIKE IT!

laterdayne

By Kevin Geary (wakescene) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 9:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nobody seems to understand us Jersey ppl. We got our own MO...plus a great view of the NYC skyline!

KG

By Stewart Hansen (aussie_stu) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 3:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice, I love the tower, looks like a couple of the boats out here in Oz, they not that goofy though, we had a half cab fishing boat with 8 ft pole and two sacks

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 9:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Right On What ever it take's to get out there and Do it. If you have the right people on board (good friends) you could have the same kinda fun you would have on a 60K boat. Party On!

By Wakemonster Rich (wakemonster) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dude, that's one phat ride!!! Love it!

By Colin Wilcox (colin_w) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Me too!

By Tom Bugg (tombugg) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 2:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second Grants comment! Keep ripp'n

TomBugg
The AWA
http://www.azwakeboardassoc.com

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 3:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sacked out mi nue botes gonna kik butt

Redneck Express baby

redneck

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 4:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
alex,

there is something about your boat that I really like. but i am not sure what it is....cool ride!

By johnathan grady (pimpdaddygrady) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 6:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats pretty damn cool...as long as ur havin fun dont matta wut ur ridin.

By Stewart Hansen (aussie_stu) on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 7:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Love the redneck express, when you get where you going, just flip it over and you can have a picnic, mmmmmmmm picnic

By Tony Neal (aneal000) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 6:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So after a hard day riding, you can drop an anchor and spend the night in your little boat! It's totally cool! Be proud and ride hard!

By muji (mujibur) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 8:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex,
I think that is the proto for the 04 x-star ;-)

(Message edited by mujibur on October 16, 2002)

By wakebrdrAZ (ssg) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 12:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex,

I know you were just playin reverse physcology on us. That boat is Sweet! If you had a mirror to see the boarder when driving I think it would set it off nicely! Have you looked into putting perfect pass on her yet? Seriously, after seeing that, I have had second thoughts about trading mine up now. Thanks for putting things into perspective!

By Hydrophobic (hydrophobic) on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 5:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ha! I thought I'd post a picture of the boat we use to wakeboard behind. It got some nice response on wakeboarder.com just recently . I think it's been on here before, but anyway, here you go:

tiiskeri

Nice, isn't it?

Oh, yeah, and I really like Alex's boat. Alternative boats rule!

(Message edited by Hydrophobic on October 18, 2002)

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 7:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey! Alright! Thank you all for your supportive resonses! To answer Nigel, the wake's not very good; sort of small and washed-out. The fat sack in the back really helps, but being a 6' 200lb+ guy I can only get enough air to do a fast 180, but little else. In response to wakebrdrAZ, I DO have a nice mirror that thumb screws right onto the windshield frame, but it just wasn't in place when this picture was taken. As much as I love this old boat and as much work as I've put into her to make her a primo wakeboard fiesta pleasure cruiser, she's just unable to provide the monster wake I crave. Thus, my girlfriend and I recently went to a dealer and looked at, and sat in, a 2002 Team Edition Super Air Nautique. It was beautiful. Totally amazing. We want it SO bad. It's just really difficult to justify the $50,000 price tag. You know, maybe my old boat with its crummy washed-out wake doesn't look so sorry after all!

By Rob Chestnut (nut) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 4:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex,
Where did you go to check out the new Super Air? Chessie Marine in Chesapeake City Maryland is having an in the water boat demo this weekend. They will have some 02 and 03 Nautiques, Malibus, and Centurions in the water. Let me know if you want more info.

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Rob: Thank you for the lead. I immediately did a search, found Chessie Marine's home page, got a phone number and I'll be calling there tomorrow. To answer your question, I looked at the 2002 left-over Team Edition at Surf & Offshore in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. Then to comparative shop and to negotiate my best deal on such a significant investment, I called Candlewood East Marine in Brookfield, CT. But once the salesman there learned I am from NJ, he turned cold and told me to go to my local dealer. By requiring its dealers to honor protected selling territories, isn't Correct Craft unfairly preventing me from negotiating my best possible deal? Sheesh. Is this Cuba or is this the United States? Correct Craft's desire to control its market and to limit how I can spend MY money could very well lead me to the purchase a competitor's product. I'll keep you posted.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex, every boat manufacturer does this. None will sell a new boat out of territory. They might sell a leftover out of territory though.

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 6:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh man....I have been SO close to buying a new 2002 Super Air Nautique Team Edition that I've hardly been able to think about anything else. Then today we loaded-up and took it out into Barnegat Bay, NJ for a test drive. Right away I heard the engine running oddly, then 5 minutes into the demo, it died. There we were. Out in the bay in stiff wind, choppy water and no power. Luckily, the wind blew us up to someone's dock where we grabbed-hold and waited for 35 minutes until the dealership could get to us with a tow boat. From there we were slowly towed to a nearby marina where the dead boat was left and we were brought back to the original launch ramp. What an utter disappointment. That boat was SO mine, but now I've totally lost faith in it and I didn't even go back to the dealer to talk the whole disaster over with him. Maybe the top-of-the-line Nautiques aren't quite what they're cracked-up to be. Again, what a disappointment.

By Matt (endo) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 7:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex,
Don't get your panties in a wad over the sales territory issue. ANY respectable boat manufacturer is going to have the same policy. For example, I found a mastercraft x-30 out of state for a steal this summer. However, the deal never went through due to selling out of territory. I agree with you though, what a bunch of crap!

By TY S (typhoon) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 6:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There was a posting a long time ago of a canadian boat with a telephone pole in it for a wakeboard pole and ballast all in one.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex,

Dude, every single boat is going to have problems of some sort. I have owned a Sea-Doo Jet Ski, 2 Mastercrafts and now a Super Air. This does not include the other boats my family has owned in the past. If you have followed this board for any amount of time you will find that all boats from all manufatures are going to have some problems. Some seem to have more problems than others though. You also don't have to spend 50K to get the most out of wakeboarding. I sold my 99 X-star for around 28,000 and it was a solid boat, had very few problems. Being in NJ, I would think you could find a low hour boat in great shape and good price. On another note the Correct Craft boats are very nice and you would not be dissapointed owning one. I hardly ever hear/read anyone say anything negative about Correct Craft other than price. I do believe in the old saying "you get what you pay for". I have owned my Super Air for 5 months now and have not had a single problem so far. I also agree with alot of people on this board and think the dealer can make or break a sale.

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John "You said it". Most all boats have some sort of problem at first, Some big Some small, After all they are built by people not robot's like cars. My friend bought a "New X-30” It died on him the first 3 times he took it out "60" Thousand dollars he paid, The dealer ran the boat in the shop for Hours trying everything to get it to fail. It wasn’t until the owner took it out on the lake where it would die. Turns out it had a little water in the filter and lines and it had to be bumped around before it would die (who knew). The dealer fixed it and he is happy now but, Man just think how he felt! I don't think I know one person who's boat was 100% problem free.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 1:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know I would be bent out of shape if that happened to my personal boat!! Alex, I personally would probably not buy that particular boat that died but would not totally ignore a company because one boat had a problem. Correct Craft has an excellent reputation for quality boats. You hae to keep in mind that the manufacturer uses countless OEM parts, such as motors, rigging, electronics ect..ect... they really only build the hull and upholstery. Correct Craft is also the only company that I know of that covers the entire boat under warranty for Five-years. They have a lot of faith in themselves as well as there OEM manufactures.

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 8:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, I still would like a Nautique, but no, I don't think I'd buy the one that died during the test drive. But here's another issue I have: If I was to buy a $50,000 BMW, the sales person would be well groomed, well spoken, knowledgable about the product and would treat the car I was buying the very expensive hand made jewel that it is. However, my Nautique dealer sent me out for a test drive with a young guy in dirty jeans, a Hyperlite t-shirt and work boots. Then he was stepping all over "my" boat's gunwale's carpeting and seats with his dirty, sandy, wet boots! He was not treating the $50,000 boat I was about to buy with any respect at all! I thought it was shamefull and a poor representation of the Dealership and also a sorry reflection of just who Correct Craft chooses as its dealerships. To me, that $50,000 Super Air Nautique Team Edition was a one-of-a-kind hand-crafted jewel. I bet Correct Craft feels the same way about it. But this kid from the dealership was stomping all over it with complete disregard for its value and for my interest in buying it. Additionally, the dealer still has not called me to apologize or to save the sale!! In my business customer service and customer satisfaction are crucial! We bend over backwards to saves sales, to earn sales and to keep our cusomers buying from us no matter how small the sale might be. My dealer just lost a $50,000 sale, not to mention strandeding me and three family members out on a cold windy bay for over 35 or 40 minutes and he hasn't even bothered to pick-up the phone. What kind of apathy is that?! Maybe I should write a letter to Correct Craft. Maybe Correct Craft executives visit here and read these posts. Maybe I should look at other brand boats.

By John Sorensen (johns) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 6:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I understand your frustration!! I really think that Correct Craft should know about these types of things!! I would write a letter explaining everything. If you were still interested in purchasing a Nautique, Correct Craft & you could talk to another dealer. Like I said before, the dealer & service makes up half of the commitment of where/what to purchase. I do think Correct Craft does try and chose good dealers but there will always be the bad apples of the bunch. Foutunatly for you, you were able to see what kind of dealer and service they offer before the sale instead of after. Hope you hve better luck if you decide to purchase a new/used boat someday!! Have you boarded behind any other boats than yours? If not, you need to go out and demo a few boats and ask for references from the dealers. You might end up with a MC, Malibu, Tige, Supra Ect..ect..

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 7:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, I've spoken to other Nautique dealers AND I've spoken to the regional Nautique rep. He knew that my dealer had a demo planned for that Sunday and he already knew that it had failed miserably. I also feel he was genuinely distressed to here how my dealer's "helper" treated my potential new boat with such disrespect. He went on to say that he and my dealer are having a meeting tomorrow, they're going to crunch some numbers and they're going to see what they can put together for me. Who knows? Out of ashes of this ugly situation may rise something good.

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i ride behind a pontoon lol but i have a hellua time

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i ride behind a pontoon lol but i have a helluva time

By matt kelly (proairrules) on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 3:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By DC (dcervenka) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
fully equiped to handle anything including those pesky PWCs and darn pontoon wakeboarders...

wAcky

By DC (dcervenka) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
whhhoooppps that's the junior version! Here's the full VLX model with 4000 lbs ballast and 10,000 rounds of ammo!

(Message edited by dcervenka on December 09, 2002)

By DC (dcervenka) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

wacky2

By Grant (mtbmudmachine) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yea That thing Rocks looks kinda like the new X-star

By DC (dcervenka) on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's a hybrid between the "X" in X-star and the "VLX" in the wakesetter. Best of both worlds..

only $235,000.

By Jake sonnevelt (wakeboardbum247) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 7:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
wuts wrong with pontoon boarders it gets me up lol any1 wanna give me a pull

By Hyco Lake Boats N Boards (hlboatsnboards) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Any of you guys remember the boat at LSF 01 that was made for that event? it was simply killer! I think it was a converted deck boat or something! had a pylon, speakers, balast, the whole nine yards. might be able to find it in the lsf01 picture archive.

By Rene Rioux (norcal_99) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 9:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out the pics of the boat Aaron's riding behind.

X-Star's RULE!!!!!

By Tom Bugg (tombugg) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That things got a lot of bow rise..

By Stefani (wakelvr) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 10:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought the Super Air Team Editions were like $55-$60K???? Hmmmmm.

Very nice ride Alex! Whatever works! I think it's awesome!

(Message edited by wakelvr on December 12, 2002)

By DC (dcervenka) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dude, you guys are too modest! These are the pictures they never show you!

wake pop

By JEREMY EUBANKS (color_pros) on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey, I would pimp your boat any day dude.I would leave my Super air at the dock.

By Bob (bob) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 2:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that deck boat was at LSF this year too

By Clinton Wiggins (wrride) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 6:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alex there are lots of other great manufacturers out there other than correct craft. They are a little over rated.

By Bill (skionone) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, that deck boat at LSF was actually just a Mastercraft.

By Alex Kinon (nj_alex) on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 4:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Stefani: Yes, you're correct about what Super Airs cost. However, the one I'm getting is a 2002 left-over with about 10 hours on it already. It's still considered brand new and I'll still be getting the excellent Correct Craft 5-year "bumper-to-bumper" warrantee. Plus, after an awful first test drive, the problem has been corrected, and after further negotiation, we agreed on a price actually UNDER $50,000 plus MANY other "extras" thrown in to sweeten the deal. My dealer really did the right thing.

Clinton: Yes, there are other manufacturers, and we checked them out: XStar, Centurian & Malibu, but it was the Super Air that just "did it" for us.

DC: While your work is funny, I think you still may need to sharpen your PhotoShop skills a bit. <g> Keep at it!

Hey Jeremy: Did that dual axle trailer come with your Super Air or was that an up-grade? Mine is going to come with a single axle Nautiques trailer. Should I be squeezing my dealer for a cool dual wheel like yours?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com