Paradise Ski & Marine Service Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Paradise Ski & Marine Service « Previous Next »
By Dmac (socaldave) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Having read so many horror stories mixed in with a handful of positive experiences with dealers, I am curious about the dealer my boat will soon visit!

Bought the boat used...'99 Sunsetter VLX. Several things that need to be looked at.

Any So Cal Malibu or Moomba owners with comments (good or bad) on Paradise Ski & Marine Service Dept in Riverside.

By Mike (k2rider) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 9:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought my boat here and have it serviced here as well. I can't complain about the quality of their work but they are VERY BUSY. There are a ton of Malibu's out there. They are always FULL and I highly recommend you make an appt before you take your boat in. A 10 day lead time is not out of the question.

I've only had one minor issue with our boat (cosmetic mostly) and it occurred while we at Lake Perris. I called Mike at the service shop nad he had me bring it in. He told me they'd fix it while I waited....45 minutes later I was out the door with the problem solved.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 8:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
All bad, not one positive experience from them, trust me and theres is way to many to list.

Glad that Moomba has a new service/dealer in the area now.

By Dave Diaz (socalridertivlx) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 9:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've never been there, I bought my VLX at tilly's, and they are awsome. Service dept rocks, not one bad thing to say about there

By Andre the Giant (paulsmith) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 12:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The good:
I think the shop is full of good guys that care. Mike runs the show. Brian really knows his stuff and goes way out of his way to help. Nick is the tech that has done the most work on my stuff and I have been very pleased with him. I think all three of them have tried hard to take care of me with the occasional problems that spring up.

The bad:
On the other hand, they seem understaffed and overworked and the person that answers the phone often seems put out by the fact that you are calling. It takes a LONG time to get the boat in for service and they would prefer you leave it there for a long time. For those of us who were sold boats based on one of the factors being they PROMISED they would have a Malibu service shop in San Diego, this SUCKS! I do not like having to drive my boat there, drop it off, drive home, then drive back up and pick it up every time I need something done.

The ugly:
They do not seem to have their relationships with other entities like, for example, MALIBU ITSELF worked out well. I have had a couple of warranty issues that have not gone all that well because Malibu was blaming the dealer and the dealer was blaming Malibu. Same thing with a bad tower speaker. Dealer blamed Boss, Boss blamed dealer.

Overall, so far, I would say I have been pretty pleased with the effort put out by the individuals in the shop and pretty disappointed with the overall organization of the shop.

By Wakemonster Rich (wakemonster) on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 7:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone have experience with the service at "The Boat Center" in Canyon Country??? They are located off the 14 Frwy at Sand Canyon. I'm taking my Supreme in for the 20 hour service sometime soon. Im just curious. I've seen alot of wakeboard boat owners in the Antelope Valley and Santa Clarita area was was wondering if most go to the Boat Center for service.

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 1:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Boat House is great. Double check your merc manual and make sure you need a 20hr. The new Mercs are no longer requiring the 20 on there ski engines.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 10:46 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dave,

Have you taken your boat there yet and if so just curious what the outcome was.

having a Malibu they might treat you better. That is where I purchased my Moomba and they still treated me like the red-headed step child.

By Dmac (socaldave) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 11:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Logan, have not yet....probably will wait to spring time for a major look over.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good luck to you,

I see that you live in Orange. Were neighbors in live in Yorba Linda.

By Tim Monk (monkey) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 4:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I tried to order parts from Paradise Marine once. That was pretty pointless. When I called back to check on my order the first time, they had forgotten to place the order. The second time, the guy actually told me he'd lost the order on his desktop, but remembered me calling. He was friendly and asked me how I was doing... then told me that he'd take care of it right away for me. By the third time I called to check on it, weeks later, the order still hadn't been placed. I pretty much decided to write them off at that point. It really didn't matter what their excuse was. They couldn't get a simple parts order placed, so I don't think I'll be ordering any boats from them anytime soon.

-Monkey

By Chris Neelley (hatepwcs) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 5:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The Monkey making an appearance on WW.

By GRAMPS (akman) on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 6:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Monkey, Welcome to W.W. Be careful what and how you post, it can get ugly in here.

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 6:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Unless you really want a Malibu, Stay Away. Moomba got there boats the hell out of there and are now at a place that treats people with a little respect. (Island Marine)

I like the comment on the service person who answers the phone actually seems upset that you called. I feel the exact same way.

I should say my problems only go out to their service shop only. The guy I bought my boat from has been cool and the guys who now run the pro shop WakeSportsUnlimited are really cool too.

Overall my experience has been bad totally due to the service shop.

Like I said if you want a Malibu and you live in that area, I don't think you have any other choices. Most people I know, Malibu or Moomba owners say they do not plan on buying from them (Paradise) again.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 7:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Richard,

I hear you on that one.

Have you taken your boat to Island yet. Those guys are super cool and are definately in it for the right reasons.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey Andre, it seems that the warranty process for malibu (factory) is very hard to collect on. Our dealership is new and we basically absorbed a lot of warranty stuff, but now our billing agent has the process down and we are getting more warranty claims back. They still don't honor what they say they do when you buy the boat.

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Logan,

Yeah I had my boat down there already. The guys/gals there are way cooler and seem to be into the business for the right reasons.

By Logan (libertyj5) on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 11:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
STRAIGHT UP PARADISE SUCKS

By Dmac (socaldave) on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 4:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the input everyone.....sounds very encouraging....grrrrrrrr

By Fluid Concepts (jlembas) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 7:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know this has nothing to do with the Paradise in Riverside, but I felt the need to pipe in here. We have a Paradise Watersports in Phoenix and they are great! Dustin, Andy, and Brett are a great bunch of guys who have been taking care of us for years now. Warranty issues are not a problem and they seem to get the job done right the first time. Not to mention they are extremely good wakeboarders who understand the sport and us, the end users. . . unlike some of the boat dealerships I have encountered who don't know crap about the sport. Just gotta give credit where credit is due.

By Tom Bugg (tombugg) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 6:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah there all ok,.. for a bunch of fruit cakes!

By Mike (k2rider) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are the same company.

I don't know exactly what the problem is in Riverside but I think they could be much more organized. They need a bigger place (at least 2-3 times as big) with the necessary employees. As much as service and repairs cost, they should be able to pay people big $$ to come work for them.

There are tons of Malibu's in their area and not many places to getthem worked on. The Tige dealer can apparentlly get you in and out in one day, something not likely with Paradise...but they need to make it that way. Like I said, with teh $$ they charge, there's no excuse not to have a first rate facility....PERIOD!!!

By Dave Diaz (socalridertivlx) on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 11:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Paradise is closer to me, but I bought my bought at Tilly's. I will always go up there as the relationship they build with their customers is rock solid. I have never been to paradise so I can't say anyhing negative, but I have heard bad things. I say go to tilly's, they may joke with you about not buying the boat from them, but they will get the job done and the people there are the best.

By C.U. farley (surfer1992) on Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dmac ,
I know im kinda late in this coversation but its seems to me that the members on this site that are complaining alot about alittle. Maybe LOGAN is right about them not handling Moomba well. I had a Moomba and I thought my dealer was giving me the runaround. Untill I decided to call Moomba direct and get some answers . After alot of pointing fingers the dealer turned out not to be at fault just the knuckle heads at moomba were the problem.

Logan maybe you pointing the finger the wrong way. As for Paradise they are great guys that seem to answer all the questions that I threw at them. Since I purchased my boat used (out of Warranty) I need fix my boat myself.
I called Mike at Paradise he was very helpfull. I also ordered a new swimstep and that went off with out a hitch. I dont know what to make of that. I guess the People that had good service from those guys(paradise) just dont write on a what seems to be a complaint board....???

By Logan (libertyj5) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
C.U. Farley,

If I am pointing the wrong finger, how come everyone else that owns a Moomba now takes it to Island Marine and says the same thing.

Oh and just a adder, my boat is getting shipped back to the factory in Tennessee next week to get all the warranty issues fixed that Mike at Paradise said was not covered under warranty on a new boat.

My story goes alot deeper than just what I post here. If you have some time I will be happy to tell you everything.

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
C.U. Farley,

You said yourself you do your work on your boat not Paradise.

If you payed 150 bucks or whatever they charge for there every 20 hour recommended service (that's what they told me when I bought my boat), you have your boat there for 4 weeks and they still did not touch it, and when you finally get it back, after they assured you it was running good as new, so you take your freshly tuned boat down to the lake for some good riding and then the boat would not even start, would you consider that good service?

Luckily Mike was cool and came by my house to help with the problem. My fuel pump was froze up. Keep in mind this is after they assured me my boat was running great just a day earlier in there shop. So we get the thing fixed and we fire it up and I have oil dumping all over my motor compartment. Again they ran it in the shop I was assured it ran great remember. The oil seal on the oil filter was not even seated on the filter as it was hanging half out. Then I was told if I had any problems they would get me a new fuel pump. Well my problems did not really go away so when I called him on it he said we don't service Moomba's anymore but we will sell you one if you want to pay full price.

Gee Makes me want to go buy another boat from them right away. They even screwed with my neighbor who in a sense works there, as he was planning on buying a Wakesetter they kept moving along with it like a turtle and giving him bogus stories. Needless to say he now drives an X-Star.

I am sure they have done alot of nice things too don't get me wrong. It just seems most of those people own a Malibu not a Moomba, just in general but I know a few Malibu owners who are not thrilled with the service they receive either. Island Marine has been really straight forward and really cool to me so far and I am really glad Moomba and Island Marine were able to work out an agreement. My next boat purchase will be from Island Marine as well as I hope to upgrade to a Supra some day. Maybe a year or two.

(Message edited by cws_kahuna on November 22, 2002)

By Logan (libertyj5) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Richard,

Is brent that works at Wakesports your neighbor. I heard that he ordered his wakesetter than when it came in they sold it to someone else and told him that they could not finance him. Keep in mind he used to own a Moomba which he bought Paradise.

Very shady way to run a business if you ask me.

How is your boat running now? Mine is getting shrink wrapped and is ready to be put on a truck to go to Tennessee. Kind of cool!

By Richard B. (cws_kahuna) on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Logan,

Brent is my neighbor. He lives about a block away. I don't see him that often but I have been riding with him a few times.

My boat is about 98%. Island fixed it up right and I just need them to do one more minor tweak. I need to get my boat back out on the water before I take it in though just to be exactly sure on what it is doing. It is running the best it has ran all year though.

Glad to hear your finally going to get your boat fixed. This reminds me I need to call Island Marine up.

C.U. Farley,
Also keep in mind that Dmac was asking for good or bad stories. It's not our fault there were only a few positive stories. I don't think it was to cool of you to say Logan was pointing fingers or referring to all of us as a complaint board. We were just giving Dmac our opinions of a company that a lot of us have dealt with.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com