Tige 22V wake.....unweighted Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through February 10, 2003 » Tige 22V wake.....unweighted « Previous Next »
By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 4:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI

I just happened to have my camera with me during a demo this morning, so I shot this pic. This is the new 22V at 22 mph with 10 gallons of fuel and two adults. Nothing else.

Yeah I know, Lake Mead is low!

Matt

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 5:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh oh...I see a lip forming.

By steveaz (steveaz) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tooo rampy

What was TAPS set on?

You better change the date on your camera? Does your VCR blink 12:00 as well?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 6:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, thats nice for no ballast.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 6:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steveaz,

You are killing me! I reset the date as soon as I saw the post! I knew someone would bust my stones!

TAPS was set at 7.

Matt

By steveaz (steveaz) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 6:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotta be the first you know.

Very nice, throw some weight and people in there and I'll bet it's pretty sweet. Where do you estimate the curl at...'bout 80'-85'? Looks pretty good for TAPS on 7.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Steve

By Steven Hahn (solo) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 6:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks clean to about 80 feet doesn't it?

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll try to get out this weekend with 80'...I'll let you know...

I checked my VCR and damn, it's a BETA!

Matt

By Drew (helix_36) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you gonna try throwing some weight in it? does that particular boat have factory ballast? and if it does, how fast do they fill?
thanks

By steveaz (steveaz) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Beta???? Time to step up, I've got a laser disc player I'll sell ya cheap

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Steve,

The wake will not be rampy, I assure you. To give you a sense of my reference, the 21i is much steeper than the 22i Type R, which I feel is a rampy wake. If you ever got to try the new 21i Type R, that wake is much steeper than previous Tige's. The 22V has a wake that is even steeper than the 21i. It is definitely more vert than ramp. The picture doesn't do it justice.

By steveaz (steveaz) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Brent.....I was kidding. Remember, what I said about the 22i type R wake a couple days ago?

Wake looks great for a boat with no weight.

Peace, Bro!

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ahh...humor! I remember that comment, but didn't catch the sarcasm. Carry on!

It will be interesting to hear the reports of this boat after this weekend.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, October 03, 2002 - 8:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Drew,

I timed the factory ballast system at the dealer meeting and the fill time was under 4 minutes. Drain time about the same as I recall. I will have more people this weekend and a full tank. I'll get some more pics weather permitting.

Will my 8 tracks simulcast with your laser disc Steveaz?

Matt

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 3:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Hahn, how do you know where 80ft. is?

Put some weight in it and don't even mess with TAPS.

By Steven Hahn (solo) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Guessing hence the ? Joe. What the hell were you doing up at 3:30 in the morning?

By Porter (mikep) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Brent. We also had 2000 pounds in that 21i when we were riding with the TAPS at 7. I loved that wake! It looks like the 22V is pretty similar. I can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!

Hahn, can you use your laser vision to tell me what the stemp is on those greens? :-)

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 1:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Porter, whats the 21i with 2000 lbs. drive like? I want to get one but my next boat needs to be a little more forgiving to drive ( water over the bow, etc.) My wife has a hard time with the 20I and therefor I don't get to ride as much as I would like to. Help - Alan

By Porter (mikep) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I didn't drive any riders, but I drove it back to the dock with all the weight in it. It drove really nice. I can't say for sure about the bow thing though becaue I didn't turn around with any riders. I know they added more freeboard in the bow of the 22V so water won't come over the bow, but I don't know if that's the case for the 21i. I guess someone from Tige' could answer that one.
A perfect pass also helps a tons for the wife driving the boat thing.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 3:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alan,

The latest 21I (2002 and newer) sports basically the same hull as the 21V of pre-2003 sans spray pockets. The bow is WAY higher off the water than all previous Tige inboards, so taking a gulp over nose is almost unheard of unless you are severely bow weighted and slow down as you approach the rollers.

The 2003 22V has 3 inches more freeboard than the 2002 21V and 23V!}

Matt

By Alan DeLarge (tigeal) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 5:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is what I needed to hear! Goin' to the dealer sat., but will have to wait until beginning of next season to trade up. My wife is gona go ballistic but she will get over it.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, October 04, 2002 - 10:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Great! Say Hi to the boys up in Paso for me.

Matt

By Ray M (wakeborder5) on Saturday, October 05, 2002 - 6:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
putting the taps a from 1-5 has the best shape from my experience

By Porter (mikep) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 10:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ray. It's actually a little different now with the new hulls without spray pockets. The wake will stay totally clean even with thousands of pounds of ballast and the TAPS at 7. The TAPS can now truly be used for shaping the wake while it stays clean all of the time.

By Drew (helix_36) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 5:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,
did you happen to get those pictures?

By terry barrett (tbarrett) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 6:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got back from Orlando and the US Open. Great tournament with great feedback from the riders. The boats were weighted with 1800 lbs and 7 people. The riders like Ruck who ride at 90 feet were still riding clean. When they ride at 90 they are going about 24 or 25 mph. Posting here just for wake quake quality feedback. At the pro level the Tige 22V was very well received.
Will post more later about the event. Tino Santori took top honors and $5,000.00.

Later, Terry

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 7:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sorry Drew, we got blown out here!

Terry, did you get any pics from Florida?

Matt

By terry barrett (tbarrett) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 8:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt, Got home and my computer was down. No pics from me just to busy but there was a TV production crew and a Tige photographer. You will get a video on DVD on the event. Weather was perfect, 19 of the best riders in the world, a format change where no riders were eliminated and participated for two days for a payout down to 19th place, Wakes were huge and clean. It came down to Tino Santori and Darren Shapiro in the final heat. Tinos last pass included a TS 720, HS 720 and a TS 900 to take the top spot. Tino came out of the last chance qualifer round to advance to the weekend and then turned in four great performances. It was a great contest for the riders and for Tige.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 9:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dang, and all I did was work! I'll be there next year for sure! Thanks Terry

Matt

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 9:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dang, and all I did was work! I'll be there next year for sure! Thanks Teryy

Matt

By Michael Gill (mgill76) on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 7:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
JUST WANTED TO PUT MY TWO CENTS IN! I JUST GOT A 2002 20V AND WITH JUST THREE RIDERS THE WAKE ROCKS! I HAVE A SYSTEM ON ITS WAY FROM HIPPO. I SET IT UP JUST LIKE CATHY WILLAM 20V IN WAKE BOARD MAG OVER THE WINTER. THE BOAT IS DEEP PULLS GREAT TAPS RULE I KEEP IT AT 5 AND 21MPH 70FEET AND WE ARE LOVEN IT. AND THE WAKE BOARD PRO TAKES OUT ALL THE GUESS WORK!!! THANKS TO WATER SKI BOATS OF HOUSTON FOR HOOKING ME UP.

By Kelsh (brd4fun) on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 5:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Michael, How were you able to get someone from Hippo to call or email you back? I have a 22V on order and have had to find another route on a ballast because no one would ever return my email.
Which tells me that I may not want one anyway, if they will not get back to me to buy one, I would never get any help if I had a problem.
If you have a connection please share so I may compare to my other set up.

By Porter (mikep) on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 - 9:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Call them. They answer their phone. www.hippowakes.com has the phone number there.

By wakeman (skihardkore) on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 5:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What's TAPS? is it a wakeplate? I'm not really familiar with tige boats.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, TAPS is an adjustable wakeplate. 2002 and before it was hydraulic, and now on the 2003 models they switched to electric.

By dane (greatdane) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 12:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The e-brake in my car is like nitro injection!
When I let it out, my car goes so much faster!

By dave meekings (wranger) on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 1:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OMG thats mad wake. i want one hahah

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com